Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Oh, it's that hanukkah thing...

Yesterday, this would be November 20th, i was driving to work and flipping through the channels, as I'm wont to do. And I came upon a snippet of one of the Hanukkah songs, by Adam Sandler.

And I turned that station as quickly as I could.

See, when i first heard the Hanukkah Song, the FIRST one, about...oh 15 years ago or so. I laughed. It was funny. I think I even laughed and listened to it the next five or six times I heard it. Of course, hearing it more than a dozen times in one Christmas season is just too much, like eating that whole pint of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia Ice Cream. You enjoy it at first, but after a while it just makes you sick to your stomach.

And then over the next few years, I could listen to it about two or three times before I had to change the station when I heard it...before it made my brain bleed. And then he comes out with a NEW Hanukkah Song, which is the same song, just naming different favorite Jews. Yeah that one lasted longer than left-over gefilte fish. And the third one, well I'm not sure I've even heard that one all the way through yet.

Adam Sandler's Hanukkah Songs...a dreaded Christmas traditions like fruitcakes, visiting relatives, and paper cuts wrapping the presents.

POLT

Listening to "More Human Than Human" by White Zombie

No comments: