Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Think I'll buy me a football team (week 10)...

Well, this weekend went extraordinarily well.

First off, the hated Redskins lost...to the waning Eagles, after pretty much ruling the game until the end. It was a joyous collapse to watch.

Secondly, my Cowboys won, beating the Giants, gaining sole possession of the lead in the NFC North, and going 8-1, tied with Green Bay for the best score in the NFC.

Thirdly, the team i picked in the "losers" pool at work, Cleveland, lost. So I remain in that pool after the first week.

Fourthly, in the bets with Johnnie, I came out ahead 3-2, so not only did I win more this week, I extended my lead over him to 26-15 overall, meaning he owes me $11.

But fifthly, and best of all, there's the winner's pool at work. I've been in the one since the season began 10 weeks ago. And going into this week, there were only 5 of us left. Three picked New Orleans to win, me and another guy picked Seattle. Since New Orleans lost, but Seattle won, that means he and I are still in, and can pick again for next week to win it all, OR, decided to call it and split the winnings in half. I believe we'll both agree to split it, and each take our $150 and be happy. At least I know I will, if he will.

Everything went my way this weekend...couldn't ask for anything better. And I ordered a Tony Romo Football Jersey as well. Not sure when I'll get it, but I'll wear it proudly.

POLT

Listening to "Insomnia" by Faithless

1 comment:

Blissfully Wed said...

Nice title. I love that song. ;)