Thursday, November 01, 2007

Undress me, will I look like a fool (Part 81)...

It's time once more for....
I know that we had a theme this week: something to do with what we did for Halloween. I however, did not participate. This past Sunday, at 6:30 in the evening, my father died. He had been fighting cancer for only 5 months, and was critically ill for about three weeks. But in the end, he got to die at home, with his family (mom, me and the dog) around him, and he went peacefully, his breathing slowed and then just stopped. All the details are a few posts below for anyone interested.

I was going to post any number of photos here of him for HNT, but I think I'll wait to do that for a special memorial post all its own. Nonetheless, for this HNT, I give you a photo of my mother, myself and my father, from Christmas 1992.


Mom and I are doing fine. As is the dog.

If anyone wants to see what others put up for the Halloween themed HNT (I know I myself am interested) click the HNT button in my sidebar!

POLT

Listening to "Ball And Chain" by Social Distortion

18 comments:

Shibari said...

you look adorable sweet!xo

Michelle said...

What a great picture!!! You all look so happy.

Agaim, I am so sorry for your loss.
{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

hhnt

Vixen said...

Cute picture. I'm sorry....

happyhnt

Osbasso said...

Geez, I'm so sorry. My surfing has been lacking this week and I had no idea. Prayers and good thoughts to you, my man.

Blissfully Wed said...

What a beautiful picture you shared. I'm truly sorry for your loss and wish you and yours the best during this toughest of times.

Again, that picture says so much about the love and happiness in your family.

S said...

Im so sorry Polt, sweetie. I havent been to your blog all week, and I didnt know until now.

I read all your posts, and, so good that you all got to be together and say goodbye. I know that was so important for all of you.

So sorry.
Going to hug Ratburn.

S said...

Sooo your birthday is November 24th? Mines December 1st.
You know for HNT, when its your birthday, you have to get ALL THE WAY naked.
Thats what OS says, anyway! :P

Im gonna :D are you?

rob said...

I hope your old man's passing wasn't too painful for him, and that you have great memories to help you through the grief.

HHNT. Rob.

MsBehavn said...

It's been a while since I came past your blog and I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, Polt.

Sending hugs
xo

Stealth said...

yeesh...I have not been out in a while to surf blogs. I am terribly sorry about your dad, Polt.

You are certainly in my thoughts, as is your family.

Lapis Ruber said...

Sincerest condolences.

lime said...

oh polt, i am so sorry for your loss. i am glad it was as peaceful a passing as it could be and he was surrounded by those who loved him though. it's a joyous picture you chose to share and i do hope thos happy memories are a comfort to you. (hugs)

tkkerouac said...

A very happy family photo,
Sorry to hear about the passing of your dad, Hugs to you. ox

SignGurl said...

Sorry to hear about the passing of your father.

The picture is the best! What an awesome family shot!

Happy Half Nekkid Thursday!

24crayons said...

Please accept my condolences. I'm glad he was able to die at home, so many don't get that opportunity. It's good that he was surrounded by love.

HHNT.

Stephen R. said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your father's passing. My thought and prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful picture. I will remember your dad that way.

Onanite

BirdMadGirl said...

That's a great pic :) And I'm really quite fond of you in a Santa hat ;)

You're in my many thoughts during this difficult time...

{{{{hugs}}}}

*love to you Polt