Monday, November 24, 2008

Again, i've returned and they've been waiting...

Okay, update on the Torchwood Season 2 DVD set return drama:

Today, I went to Borders and went to the Info Desk, which had 1 guy working there, who was helping someone else. So after a minute's wait, I gave up and went to the shelves to see if they had the Dr. Who DVD's. I easily located them...but just seasons 2 & 4. I wanted season 1, so i could start at the very beginning. I decided I'd just ask for store credit, they give it out on gift card like things. With this plan in mind, I went to the registers.

I explained to the girl there about my situation, this time stating that I had recieved the DVD's as a birthday gift, already had them, and the guy I got them from said he got them at Borders. I didn't want my money back, just store credit. She told me without a receipt there was nothing she could do. I was flabbergasted! When I worked there (admittedly 5 years ago), store credit without a receipt was the way to go.

I told her I needed to talk to manager then, cause I don't want the DVD's. Again, I HATED becoming that customer, but what else could I do? I didn't need the DVD's and I wasn't going to hang onto two copies of them. manager was up at the registers at the time, on the phone with someone. When she finished she came over and I explained everything to her. She told me the same thing, without a receipt, there was nothing she could do. I told her I did NOT want my money back, I just wanted store credit to get something else. I told her that was unacceptable. The DVD's were worthless to me, and I wasn't keeping a gift that duplicated something else I already owned.

She took the DVD's and got on the computer and said IF she could find they'd been purchased in the last 30 days she might be able to allow me to exchange them, and she asked when they were purchased. I told her sometime in October, I guessed. But if I could not exchange them or get store credit, then I needed to have the customer service number, the store's number and her name.

I seriously HATED having to do that, cause when I worked there, I HATED customers that threw out the "I'll call corporate" threat. One guy did that one night, and I wrote my name out for him and handed it to him, telling him make sure he spelled my name right when he talked to them, cause I didn't want him to get the wrong person involved. Of course, the manager later got in the situation and made the guy happy, so I assume he never called. but at any rate, I digress...

So after checking her computer she told me she saw a copy had been sold on October 31st, so I could exchange it if I wanted. I told her I didn't know what was in the store, and I didn't know if I would find anything to exchange, that store credit would be better. She told me an exchange was all I she could do for me. I thought it's better than what I was getting originally, so I went and got the Dr. Who 2nd season. I mean I plan on getting them all eventually anyway, so I might as well get this one now, even if I watch it later.

So in the end, I no longer have two Torchwood Season 2's and have one Dr. Who Season 2. I'm not totally happy, but I'm happier than I was, so I'll take that.

Moral of the story: Know what DVD's you own before you buy one, cause the store's are really being pricks about their return policies now.

POLT Listening to "Ruled By Secrey" by Muse

I'll be glad to talk about ranching, but I haven't seen the movie. I've heard about it. I hope you go - you know - I hope you go back to the ranch and the farm is what I'm about to say. - George W. Bush, on why he's not seen Brokeback Mountain

No comments: