Thursday, November 20, 2008

Too much tea, too much sugar isn't good for me...

As most of you know, I'm diabetic. I have issues with my blood sugar levels, and so obviously sugar is not good for me. I really enjoy a nice cup of tea in the evenings, and I've tried to cut back on the sugar I put in it, but I can't go without, it just doesn't taste right to me. I have also heard that green tea is supposed to be very good healthwise. So I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.

I bought some green tea. Every night since Sunday, I've had a cup of it. And since it's the first time I've ever tried green tea, I put no sugar in it. I don't know that I like it, but I don't dislike it. I hoping I can get used to the taste of it without sugar, that way it won't taste right with sugar, and I can cut back even more on the sugar intake. And, as an added bonus, I then get used to drinking the supposedly more healthy green tea.

Yeah, well so far so good. I am, however, notoriously picky with my palate, so we'll see how long this lasts.

POLT Listening to "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2

Boys are always guilty of something nasty. - John Wayne, The Cowboys

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not diabtic but I'm a total sugar freak. Coffee takes at least three maybe four sugars.

I don't know what I'd do if I were ever diagnosed as diabetic. Probably just off and shoot myself.

Ray Avito said...

I usually have two cups of green tea a day. It is a weird, almost unflavored taste (if that makes any sense) but I also like it without sugar or anything in it. I actually enjoy it now.

Anonymous said...

I've never had green tea, coffee is my drink of choice, black, no sugar.

I drink about a pot a day.

Onanite