Saturday, November 08, 2008

Sometimes i forget, then i remember...

I had to laugh this week a few times. Friday morning, on the way to work, listening to the right-wing nut talk shows, I heard, on two different shows, how the stock market had it's biggest two day decline since the Great Depression on Wednesday and Thurday, and didn't they all predict that the market would tank if Obama was elected.

I laughed, cause apparently they forgot that the market tanked back in September, when we had the largest one week loss in history. Convienent how they can remember back 80 years, but forget less than 80 days ago.

Also, I read with amusement the stories online about how guns sales have shot through the roof since Obama's in, cause he's going to take all out guns! Knowing a few NRA members as I do, they all assured me that should Obama get in, he would indeed come for their guns, and they knew this because the NRA told them so! the NRA, who's all about guns.

You don't suppose the NRA wanted to use fear tactics to scare these people into buying a bunch of guns...which would be great for their core constituancy. And I vividly remember 16 years ago, how the NRA told their members then that since Clinton got in, he was coming for their guns. And yet, as far as I'm aware, neither Clinton nor his administration came and confiscated any legally owned firearm from any citizen. Apparently, the NRA was banking on it's members forgetting that fact (kinda like the selective stock market memories), and it appears they were correct in their assumptions.

*SIGH*

Oh well, the only thing I can say to all this is...President-Elect Obama!



And then I just smile and forget about the rightwing nut radio talk shows and the NRA, and all the loony, crazy, whack-jobs like them.

POLT Listening to "Everything" by Alanis Morisette

It's hard to be a man when there's a gun in your hand. - Tears For Fears

2 comments:

Stephen R. said...

Let them bitch and moan. We just elected our generation's FDR and he WILL lead us back to a strong and vibrant United States of America.

Hearing that speech in Grant Park on Tuesday, I know that Obama is the real deal.

Anonymous said...

I can't get over the panicked irrationality some of these folks are operating under. When people were literally saying they were "scared to death" of an Obama presidency...scared to death!!...I just wanted to grab their shoulders and tell them to take a deep breath.