Monday, November 03, 2008

(Here we go), man go out and vote...

I think something I read on a blog a last week sums it all up for me: "I never thought I'd know again what it feels like to be a child on Christmas. But with this election, and Obama presumed victory, I'm all giddy with excitement again like a kid waiting to open his presents."

And yeah, that's about how I feel. I just hope when I open the metaphorical presenst, they're filled with wonderful toys and not the electoral equivalent of socks and underwear, ya know?

Regardless of who you're going to vote for tomorrow, go out and vote. How many other people around the world would kill to be able to do what you can do tomorrow? How many Americans have suffered and died to ensure you'll be able to do it tomorrow? It's such a simple little thing, and yet such a powerful thing.

Just go vote.

And if you're one of those still undecided voters (and I don't understand how anyone CAN be...where have you been over the last year and a half, in a cave? On Mars? In a coma???), I ask you to remember one thing as you enter your local polling place. I ask you just to remember this particular photo.


Now get out there tomorrow and VOTE!

POLT Listening to "The Wanderer" by U2 featuring Johnny Cash

Guilt? Guilt is for, like, old married people. - Xavier, Nowhere

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't missed an election since I turned 18 and have no intention of doing so.

And this is one of those critical elections. I've even been out talking to the people holding up signs for local candidates. Great people, and they think I am too.

Anonymous said...

I have not missed an election since I was 18 either. This is the defining election of our decade, maybe for 50 years. Vote Obama, vote for change.

Onanite

lime said...

How many other people around the world would kill to be able to do what you can do tomorrow? How many Americans have suffered and died to ensure you'll be able to do it tomorrow?

AMEN! i cast my vote. :)

Bunny said...

I did it! Waited in line, in the rain, before the polls even opened, but I was home and wearing my "I voted" sticker before 8:30. So totally worth the lines and rain.

Michelle M. said...

I hope Santa is good this year. The last two times I voted (in the presidential elections) all I got was a lump of coal.