Tuesday, November 04, 2008

And they voted you, least likely to succeed...

I voted today, about 12:45. I took off half a day of work to do this and other chores. There was only one person in line in front of me, but I did have to wait about a minute for one of the five voting booths to open up. And that was it. The whole process took less than ten minutes. My mom's working the polls and she called me at 7:30, a half hour after they opened, to tell me there were 15 in line when they opened and they were, at that time, at voter #51. Bear in mind, we only have about 800 voters in our precinct, so that means they got like 6% of the voter in the first half hour. I myself was voter 283, and I was there under halfway through. So if they double that, they'll have 560 some, which is 70% turnout...which is pretty intense.

I then went to take my grandmother to vote. As we're on the way there, she asked me if she could just vote for the straight Democratic ticket. I asked if she wanted to vote for all the Democrats on the ballots and she gave me 'that' look and said, 'Well of course!" So I told her she could just color in the circle next to the straight Democratic ticket option. We got to her polling place, and there were no lines. In fact, not all their voting booths were full. It took us longer to get TO the voting place then she actually spent voting!

So now all that's done. Now I have nothing to do but waste time until it's time to go to the party (I've already purchased the sodas, champagne and I'll be bringing the pizzas as well).

And remember, if you haven't yet, go do so RIGHT NOW!

POLT Listening to "Speed Of Sound" by Coldplay

I can do anything I want Owen! I'm an eccentric! - Donald St. Clair, Rat Race

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Done and done! I hope we get a happy ending (and that our candidate wins!)

Anonymous said...

well done..... and Grandma too, right on!

Onanite

Craig said...

I voted! Wish I could go to your party!