Sunday, November 23, 2008

There is a power in the vacuum we are making...

You'd think by now I'd by used to being stupid. But no, every time is a whole new experience.

Last Christmas, I bought a vacuum cleaner to replace the old one I had that didn't work. I got it home and got it together. In the ensuing almost year I've used a few times, but not many. I have been very disappointed with it. It never seemed to work. I mean, I could hear it running and all, but it only seemed to blow the dirt around and didn't pick anything up.

This past week, I moved some thing around and tried to vacuum up the dust with the same results. What I had moved had cleared stuff out from in front of the baseboards, so I got the hose with the little brush attachment on it and used that to vaccum the dust off the baseboards.

And then it occured to: I didn't have to throw any switch or anything to use the hose as opposed to the vaccum itself. And I should have. Could it be that I've ALWAYS had the hose hooked up that way, and therefore, when I've tried to use it, the suction was at the hose and not the base? Could THAT be it?

Um, yep, that was it.

Hooking the hose into the base instead of the brush attachement works wonders in picking up dirty and stuff on the floor! Looks like I have a whole new rug now!

....I hate being stupid....

POLT Listening to the Deadskins-Seahawks game

"I cuold use my deathray and reduce them all to steaming piles of melted flesh." "You don't have a deathray." "Another of my tragic shortcomings, I'm afraid." - L-Ron, JLA Classified #4

No comments: