Sunday, November 23, 2008

B-B-B-Beny and the jets....

Ya know, when discussing football with friends and co-workers, I frequently make the arguement that one man does not a winning team make. Yeah, one man if he's really good or really bad can have a definite effect on the game. But in general, football is a team game, and even the absolute best player ever can't do anything by himself.

But, then, there's Brett Favre.


I've never been a fan of Favre. Oh, I've never really had anything against him, I'm just rather apathetic about him. But here he is, just a year younger than me (so I KNOW how your body feels at our age), and he been with the Jets this year and just this week, Favre and the Jets beat the undefeated Tennessee Titans.

The JETS! They've not won more than 10 games in a season since 1998. Three of the last five years they didn't have a winning record. In the last 40 years, they've only been in the playoffs 11 times, winning only 6 games.

No way at the beginning of the season, did I think there was any way the Jets were gonna do anything this year, even with Favre at quarterback.

I might have to rethink my theory.

POLT Listening to Football Night In America

I enjoy Canada. It's like the United States only nobody lives there. - Jon Stewart

No comments: