Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Little boy, blowing out that birthday cake...

So, today is the big 4-1 for Uncle Polt.

God, I feel old. I thought, when I was in my teens, I'd be dead by now. Thank God teenagers are notorious wrong about the future.

Instead of dwelling on the...depressing present, I thought I'd revel a bit in the glorious (?) past. And I'd take you lovely people with me!


Polt, just born___Polt 6 yrs___ Polt 7 yrs


Polt 8 yrs______Polt 9 yrs___Polt 10 yrs


Polt 11 yrs_____Polt 12 yrs______Polt today

Okay, yeah, the NOT-SO glorious past. (and Polt is obviously now NOT a morning person, as evidenced by the last photo)

Oh, well, onwards and upwards,right?

POLT Listening to "Like A Prayer" by Madonna

I want to appreciate those of you who wear our nation's uniform for your sacrifice. - George W. Bush

12 comments:

lime said...

omg the poltlet in a bow tie is unbearably cute! seriously, i love that picture. and i gotta say polt in the morning looks a whole helluva a lot better than lime in the morning.

happy birthday!

Bunny said...

Happy Birthday!!! Welcome to 41!! I've been here (at 41) for 2 months and so far it isn't too bad. Except when the neighbor was telling me about somebody really really old and I asked about how old that was and he said "At least 35!" Brat.

I bet people who never saw you after elementary school would still recognize you if they passed you on the street today - you've hardly changed! But that last picture does have a "trailer trash busted on COPS" vibe to it - LOL!

Again, happy birthday Uncle Poltie!!!

Word ver: whily

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Polt. One day after another great day, my birthday.

I used to think it was just me but the pictures fall off after about the age of 12 don't they. Then they pick up again in my 20's and 30's and even, gasp, my 40's.

Ray Avito said...

Happy Birthday, Poltie!!! Mine was the 24th. Can I just ask if there is any way we can alter that red denim vest so I could fit in it today? I LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww, you were such a cuties. Loved the Alph Alpha do you had when you were a baby. Or was it a faux hawk? Anyway, I'd still recognize you. Happy birthday hon.

tornwordo said...

The ten year old pic cracks me up. Look at that top!

Happy Birthday and many more.

Anonymous said...

I totally have a picture of me an a suit that is similar to your 11 year old pic!

Happy Birthday Polt! 4-1 is just a number. Just think, next year you get to be the age that is the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Polt!!! Those are some special clothes you were wearing in some of those early pics. [And yes, this IS the pot calling the kettle black, because I had outfits that would have complemented those nicely. The 70s were kind to no one.]

I hope you're having a fabulous day!

Anonymous said...

At least you finally have a new hair style :)

Happy Birthday Super Purple Man!

Michelle M. said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures (love the 11 year old butterfly collar).
Hope your birthday was as terrific as you are!

Love,
Michelle M.

Jason said...

happy belated birthday, funny! cool that you have all thaose

Craig said...

Yes! I love these! I think the 10 year old is my favorite! Happy Birthday!