Sunday, February 04, 2007

Got a frisky little colt in a hurry...

So Manning, Dungy and the Colts did it.

the first quarter, I thought, was incredible. i mean they had the initial kickoff ran back for a touchdown; 4 turnovers; a bungled extra point; torrential downpours; multiple possessions of the football by both teams; and 20 points! That's more than you sometimes get with 4 quarters of a regular football game. the rest of if though, rather lackluster. Still, the Colts won, and that's all the matters to me. Manning can now go down in history as one of THE greatest quarterbacks of all time. The only thing holding him back was a Ring, and he's got one of those now.

I spent the game at my friend Duff's house. I've known him for 20 years, he is my longest friend. unfortunately, we really only see each other on Super Bowl Sunday (we've watched it together for the last 11 years), but that's enough to maintain our friendship. He's also the one with twin sons, it's hard for me to believe thier 10 years old now. I've known them since they were inside thier momma's belly. They were there with us. As was Angie, Duff's girlfriend, her 10 year old daughter Abby, and her 14 year old son Ryan. I wasn't expecting the last three people to be there, but nonetheless, we had a pretty good time. Ryan started out being a typical 14 year old: moody, unsociable, angst ridden. But I kept including him in conversations, (even offering to get him a beer when I went to get myself one. Natrually, he said he'd take one! he got a can of Pepsi instead.) and talking to him and including him and stuff, and by the end of the night, he was out of his shell and actually talking and smiling and stuff. After the game was over, the twins had to go to thier mother's, so since she lives on the opposite end of town from where we were, and I kinda live inbetween, I offered to drive the boys there, which i did. I even went in to say a few words to thier mother, who I'm still friends with as well. I think a fun night was had by all.

The Super Bowl commercials this year were rather uninspired, I thought. my personal favorite was this one:





Short, direct, to the point. however, the one I found most humorous was this one:





Craks me up when you see the chips flying up when she falls! And a close second was this one:





"low five"...hehehe.... Budweiser did do rather well with thier commericials:





Although Snickers came through with a good one too:





"Quick! Do something manly!" bwahahahahahhaha....

But in the end, the most important thing of the night was the fact these two guys got to hold the Lombardo trophy high.




Hopefully next year, it can be Romo and whoever the Cowboys' coach is holding it up...not that I think that's likely.

POLT

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Colts are number one! It is their first Super Bowl win since moving to Indianapolis in 1984.
I liked the ad where the two manly men touched lips and the one where the homeless dog got splashed with mud and looked like a dalmation and got to ride on the Budweiser Clydesdale wagon.

Sexy Duet said...

Being at home today instead of work I got to watch my first Superbowl. I have absolutely no idea about American football so didnt understand what was happening but it was still good.

We didnt get to see many of the ads being shown over there, but I did like the Doritos one.

Ms SD

Doug said...

I thought the commercials were kinda tame this year, too. Though the Snickers one was good.

We didn't see the anti-war commercial for some reason. I heard it wasn't aired nationwide?

Gotta wonder how Peyton celebrated after the game. ;)

Anonymous said...

The Doritos ad cost $12.79 US Dollars to make. It was made by 5 or 6 college students.
Football is not easy to understand I'll give it a go: The team with the ball has four tries to gain ten yards. Every time they gain ten yards they get to start over again. Until they either score a touchdown worth 6 points or kick a field goal worth 3 points. The other team is trying to stop the team with the ball from advancing. As soon as the man carrying the ball's Knees touch the ground the ball must be started on the next play from that point, called the line of scrimmage. The game has 4 quarters. There will be a flag on the play if someone crosses the line of scrimmage before the ball has been snapped. I hope this helps some.
Peyton stayed up all night and partied! I live in Indiana so it is on all the news stations.