Thursday, February 15, 2007

I feel the need to be naked with you (Part 45)...

Yes, once more, despite the snow/ice storm we had this week, it's time for...



So, as I mentioned, a snow/ice storm hit us, starting Tuesday afternoon. It continued through Wednesday morning. Around here, we only got like 3-4 inches of snow, I think. but we got a healthy dose of ice on top of it. Such an amount that as I was cleaning off my car, I did not break through the ice crust, it supported my wieght. And as you can probably tell from some photos, I am not of the petite nature. It freaked me out a bit. But that's also why it took so long to clear off the car. I had to break through the ice jsut to get the car door open so I could start it and get the defrosters going. Was out there about a half hour doing so. And I walked to Rutters to get lunch, and it was ordeal just walking two blocks to the store: unplowed sidestreets, icy unshoveled sidewalks, icy shoveled sidewalks, yeah it was fun.

Anyway, I have this pair of thick gloves that I LOVE cause they always keep my hands warm. however, today, I used my hands so much to break up the ice on the car, the gloves got soaking wet...and they soaked all the way through to my fingers. that was uncomfortable. But once they dry out, they'll keep my digits toasty warm.

Anyways, here they are, my gloves! And with my toasty warm hands and fingers inside.



If you want to see some other HNT photos, click the HNT button in my sidebar. And everyone, stay warm (unless you're in Florida, in which case that's a given, I suppose) and HAPPY HNT!

POLT

Mister Hammock, say hello to Madam Ass! - Homer, The Simpsons

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Brr I need some of those warm toasty gloves here in Michigan....it's FREEZING here!! Can I borrow them? lol

HHNT :)

Doug said...

Those gloves look HOT! ;)

HHNT!

A Bronx Tale said...

that's it. 3 to 4 inches.

man i wish.

we got like 3-5 feet.

brutal.

i wish i had those gloves. i got this shit pair. i couldn't find my snowmobile gloves. in due part b/c i didn't try hard enough looking or even begin to look. i'll ask mom...haaaaaaaa

anyways. HAPPY HNT!!!

hope you're enjoying the weather.

Anonymous said...

I'd like a pair like those, myself. The ones I've got seem the keep the cold locked in rather than out.

Happy HNT!

CyberWarlock said...

Gloves are one of the best inventions of the last few hundred years. I hate snow so much :( Happy HNT!

Anonymous said...

wonderful gloves! and it seems you must have great hands inside them, too... I'd like to see an hnt with nekkid hands sometime, please :D.

there really should be a law against such cold weather. I think I would give up & hide at home, if I was confronted with that kind of ice on my car!

happy hnt, Polt :).

l.
x

Semi-Celibate Man said...

Stay warm, and stay inside! I can relate. HHNT

Anonymous said...

At least, we can figure out the kind of hairy bear you are... ;-))
Happy HNT!