Tuesday, February 13, 2007

To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal...

i got home from work today and was shocked at what I found. While I was at work, someone broke in and vandalized the place! Oh, I don't think they added anything to the mess (or if they had, I don't know how I would have known). But I found these strange pieces of paper taped up all over! the intruder had taped them to my front door, computer, refridgerator, bed railing, and bathroom mirror and faucet.

They all had pictures of Superman on them and read things like...

"Happy Valentine's Day to a genuine champion!"
"Happy Valentine's Day to a hero with heart!"
"Harness the power on Valentine's Day!"
"Fly high this Valentine's Day!"
"Happy Valentines's Day to one of the good guys!"
"This Valentine's Day...SOAR!"
"Your secrets are safe!"

The last one has me a bit worried, cause if the intruders know my secrets, how can they then be safe?

Knowing as we all do that I hate Valentine's day, I was stumped! Could it have been a band of mischevious cupids? Members of the Superman fan club? I had no idea.

I know that Aggie LOVES Valentine's Day, I think it's her favorite holiday. And since she lives one floor below me, and any intruders to my apartment would have to pass by hers, and because of her knowledge of all things Valentine's Day, I called her about it. And she had no idea what was happening either! Funny, how someone who lives below me didn't hear the clomping of feet as the vandals went up the stairs to ransack my apartment, in a Valentine's Day theme. But she told me she knew nothing about it. And Aggie would NEVER tell a falsehood over something so important. So now I just don't know what to think.

But, at least the vandals had the politeness to do it the day BEFORE Valentine's Day. that makes it easier to swallow. Just over the last few years when Aggie has given me Valentine's Day cards the day before or sometimes the day after that VD day....

Anyway, in case I need to call the authorites about the break-in, I took photos. they are below.

The Front Door


My Computer


The Fridge (although the cutie in the middle is one that I've had up there for quite some time)


The Upper Railing of my Bed


And the Bathroom Mirror and Faucet



POLT

Face it Kent, you threw up on Dean Wormer. - Animal House

2 comments:

Ag said...

I am sorry for your break in. If you need help please just ask. Becareful you might want to look closer for any more damage.

I know how anti Valentine you are so Happy Ice and Snow Day.

Anonymous said...

Happy purple heart day, Polt! Wow, your bed has an upper rail?