Wednesday, February 07, 2007

This could be messy, but you don't seem to mind...

Found this in the newspaper, in an article about how being messy isn't such a bad thing.

Seven Reasons you should stop worrying and learn to love your mess.
1) Studies show that messy desks are the vivid signatures of people with creative, limber minds.
2) Studies show that owners of messy closets are better parents.
3) Studies show that messy people are more able to improvise solutions to unorthodox problems.
4) Messy people are more realistic. ("It’s chasing an illusion to think that any organization – be it a family unit or corporation – can be completely rid of disorder on any consistent basis." Said Jerrold Pollak, a neuropsychologist. "And if it could, should it be? Total organization is a futile attempt to deny and control the unpredictibility of life." )
5) Messy people are more life-affirming . ("Order can be profane and life-dimishing," says Rabbi Irwin Kula. "It’s a flippant remark, but if you’ve never had a messy kitchen, you’ve probably never had a home-cooked meal.")
6) Mess has the dividend of adding time to you day.
7) Remember that is was the overall scumminess of Alexander Fleming’s laboratory that led to his discovery of penicillin.


So, there! To all of you who have made remarks about my messy apartment! It just shows that I'm creative, realistic, life-affirming, able to think outside the box, and I'd make a heck of a parent, with lots of free time. Also, I guess it means I've probably got an anti-biotic growing somewhere in my bathroom, but it's best not to dwell on that one.

POLT

I'm a big boy. Some would say a very big boy. - Emmett, Queer As Folk

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give us a ring when the AIDS vaccine is discovered growing on your shower curtain.

Fairy Godfather.

Anonymous said...

The older I get the more messy I become, I wonder why?

Onanite

Anonymous said...

There is quite a difference between messy and that thing you call an apartment. Messy means extra things laying around. Your place is a biohazard. It gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

Sexy Duet said...

I need to show Mr SD this post. I could always do with another excuse for my messiness.

Ms SD