Friday, May 15, 2009

Not looking to get married right now i've got a date...

Tonight, for the second time within a week, I saw the Star Trek movie.

On a date. With a woman. A married woman.

Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

Mrs. A Local Celebrity, Mr. David Parispeking (heretofor known as Susan, cause the other thing is just too freaking long to type again) and I (and her friend Lisa) went to see it. Of course we loved it. A few more itty bitty plot holes cropped up but still, they do nothing to ruin the movie. And at the end of it, Susan turned to me and said, "I really don't know what's wrong with my husband." Referring to ALCMDPP's underenthusiasm over the movie. I just told her it confirms the fact he's a loser.

This conversation took place earlier in the day when Susan called to confirm the time of the movie:

Susan: And there's a chance a friend of mine might be going along.
Polt: A guy or a girl?
Susan: A girl.
Polt: Awww, Susan, come on! Why do you have to bring another woman along???

Susan; Well, she's about your age, so -
Polt: Great, so you're bringing an OLD woman along! Why couldn't you bring a young guy with you?
Susan: Um, well, David doesn't like me hanging out with young guys, I suppose.
Polt: But if they bat for my team, they're not a threat!
Susan: ........I guess.......
Polt: See, that's what you need to do, go out and meet some cute young gay guys!
Susan: Um....yeeeeeah....
Polt: And then you can bring your cute young gay friends along when you see a movie with me!!!
Susan: Yeah, that's just what I need to do, considering I've got three young children and a husband and am taking college courses, and I have so much free time to go out and meet people, that's just what I should do.
Polt: Well good, just so long as you see it my way.

Gotta love her. And not just cause she birthed the two young girls who pray for soul each night. Althought that IS a pretty damn good reason.

POLT Listening to "Subterranean Homesick Alien" by Radiohead

"You slept with a call girl?" "Well, no...well, yes, yes I did." - Sam Seaborn, The West Wing

No comments: