Saturday, May 02, 2009

Travel Notes, Part 2...

To read quotes from the trip, go HERE.
To read Travel Notes, Part 1, go HERE.

Okay, so continuing with the rather dry and drab recounting of my Toronto trip.
Sunday, April 26th: Today, we had plans to go to Casa Loma with Tam. First, we managed to get up at a decent hour and get ready. We met Tam in the lobby and the three of us went to the Golden Gridle for the breakfast buffet (who knew Canadians have baked beans on a breakfast buffet?). After a filling breakfast, we returned to the hotel, where Tam checked out and then she drove the three of us to Casa Loma.

We toured it, hitting most of it's 98 rooms. Michelle wandered off on her own reading plaques or what have you. Tam and I had both been there before and we walked the whole thing together, chattering away like old friends. Which i guess we kinda were, albeit, old friends who had never met each other until the day prior.

Following the tour, a sad goodbye was said with hugs all around, and Tam left driving off back to her home. Michelle and I decided to walk back. It took us about 45 to an hour I think. We didn't take a direct route and kinda meandered, walking past a group of guys playing rugby, through parts of the University of Toronto, and around the Provincial Legislature in Queen's Park.

We returned to the hotel, but I was only there a short while before I felt the afternoon ripe for scene checking. And I must say, without divulging too many graphic details, that the scene I found that afternoon was not only an attractive one, but also a very satisifying one. And I DO love me some Asian men.

I returned to the hotel and cleaned up. Since it was ladies night at Remington's, Michelle and I had talked about going. I mean, if I'm gonna see hot men strip naked and dance on a stage, why shouldn't she as well? And I had asked Ed if he wanted to go with us. but Ed called and said he'd be unable to go. Michelle and I were tired after the long walking of the day and the hustle and bustle schedule we'd had almost since we got there (and I was tired and sated after that afternoon), so we deided just to scrap it and not go. Instead, we went to a Mr. Sub across the street, got sandwiches, to 7-11 to get some chips and sodas, and then returned to the hotel where we ate them and watched Family Guy and the Simpons on TV. Oh do we know how to spend a vacation, huh?

Monday, April 27th: This was the day we were going to the islands in Lake Ontario, something neither of us had done before. It was also the day we were woken up at 8:30 by the fire alarms and fire trucks. Luckily, there was no fire.

We got ready and ate a quick breakfast at the McDonald's across the street. We took the subway down as far as it would go and then walked to the lakeshore. We got there at 10:15, but the next ferry didn't leave until 11:00. So we walked along the lake and then over to the CN Tower. And we got back to the ferry terminal in time to catch it.

The islands were beautiful, and I'm sure they're even moreso in the summer. However, they were also relatively peaceful and quiet, which I am sure they are NOT in the summer. But nonetheless we walked around for an hour and a half, checking out the beach, the cold water, the piers and the cute Asian that was near us (okay, maybe only I did that last one). After that amount of time I was ready to return, but Michelle wanted to venture more on the island, so we hugged and seperated. Afterwards, she did go all over the islands, and after that, to the CN Tower, where she went up it and enjoyed the view and then walked back to the hotel. We seperated at 12:15 or so. I didn't see her again until 6:30.

Following my ride back to the mainland, I went looking for a comic book store I had been to before Silver Snail Comics. However, I made a wrong turn and ended up walking a half hour out and a half hour back down Queen Street before I realized I was just three ships away from the store to begin with. I guess there was a smudge on 'the back of my hand' that I know every place like. BUt finding the Silver Snail I went inside for a bit. Frankly, though, there was just too much there to take in at once, it was kinda like an overload. So I didn't stay long and I didn't get anything. I left and walked back to the hotel, not getting lost this time. Although I did acquire my second sunburn of the trip that day with all the walking I was doing.

Getting to the hotel about 3:15 or so, I decided it was a good time for scene checking. This particular afternoon is when I encounter the second of my two threesome, and this one ended much more satisfactorily than did the one Saturday night. Following this I returned to the hotel and cleaned up. I hung out online, waiting for Ed to show up at 7:00. Michelle, as I mentioned returned at 6:30, and she got to meet Ed when he arrived. She took several photos of us, all of which turned out a bit blurry, but I took a good one the two of us. And then we left.

Neither Ed nor I really had any plans, so we ended up walking around and talking. He and I walked for perhaps an hour and a half before ending up back at the hotel. But then, since he was bit hungry for a McDonald's fish sandwich, we went there, got something to eat, and ended up sitting there talking for another hour and a half or so. Ed then walked me back to the hotel and gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek right at the doors, before he went on his way.

Ed's such a great guy. He's fun, and funny, and interesting, and just an all around great guy. I'm so glad that I got to know him back in 2005. We met up again in 2006 when I was up there. He asked me a week before Toronto Pride one year to come up for it, saying I could stay at his place, but I didn't have the time or the money. And he emailed me to say he had an extended weekend and wanted to come down to see me, but when he found out the distance, he changed his mind, which I totally understood. This time, he talked about coming to DC, and if he does, I'll go down to show him around like he shows me around Toronto. Michelle liked him as well, saying he seems like a nice person, and that we seem good together. And I agree. She also said she thinks maybe I've fallen a bit for Ed, and yeah, the truth is I have. But with me here, and him there, I know there can be nothing, other than those few times when we can see each other on vacations. If he even indeed feels the same way. But at any rate, I do like the guy and am very glad to call him a friend.

When I got back to the hotel, there was a note saying Michelle was in the bar. I went down to meet her. She was reading her book and drinking wine. I had a beer, and we talked a bit before I returned to the room and went to bed about midnight. She came in at 2:45 (I know cause she woke me up and I looked at the clock). Apparently, Michelle had checked out the scene herself. With a 30 year old Detroit native in town on business. In his room. Twice. You GO girlfriend!

So after giggling like schoolgirls over the news, we went to bed, knowing that Tuesday would be our last day in Toronto, but not knowing that I'd meet....Enrique.

POLT Listening to "Shakermaker" by Oasis

I can't believe I just drank that! Your water tastes like ass! - Malcolm, Scotland PA

2 comments:

Tam said...

Damn, you keep us waiting for the good stuff. Woohoo. Way to go Michelle. :-)

Anonymous said...

This may have been dry and drab but we your loyal readers wish you'd post the juicy and salacious bits too. You know, those you've alluded to in prior posts.