Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Siftin' through the tiny bits and pieces, everybody's lookin'...

Bits-N-Pieces

So, yesterday, I went to get fitted and stuff for the wedding. The groom and the other usher were there along with my cousin's two year old son. I tried to keep him occupied and from getting into things. BUt when I got there, the groom, Quinton, was talking about this brown tux, and did they have a solid one instead of the one with the stripe? And the guy was like, no, that's the only kind of brown tux we have. The whole conversation surprised me, cause I thought we were going with the cream tuxs, and I was relived cause I'd look better in the brown. So Quinton called my cousin, Jaime, and they were talking on the phone and finally she said she'd just come down to the store. When she got there, she was all mystified cause he was supposed to be ordering cream tuxs! She said they even talked about that morning. Quinton just shrugged and said oops. The guy working there said it happens all the time, the groom doesn't know or care what's going on with things, but the bride's got it all finalized in her head.

Wonder who takes care of the tux things when it's a marriage between two men?
**********************************************
Been emailing a bit with Don again (for those of you that need a scorecard, he's the black guy about my age, ex-Air Force, that I dated for a few months last year). He's gonna call me this weekend and we're gonna get together and talk, see what happened, and what might happen. I'm really not opposed to this. I think last time we moved too fast for me, and I didn't like it, and so I kinda hastened the end. But ever since, I've been thinking occasionally about him and what might have been. We'll see.
**********************************************
Angel, my mom's dog, went in for a teeth cleaning last week and it ended up they had to pull one of her teeth. She was a bit listless for a day or so, and mom grinded her hard dog food up and supplimented it with extra moist dog food, and Angel's doing fine now. Mom, however, is a bit perturbed at the $150 price tag. She was so rattled by the price, she forgot to ask them why they had to pull it in the first place.
**********************************************
The last few days, I've been having trouble with my debit card. It's been declined a few places. So today I called them, and the girl said they had activity from outside the country, so they flagged the account. But now that I called them, it's all back to normal. On one hand, I'm glad that they do this, cause it prevents someone from stealing my number and buying things all around the world. On the other hand, I've been to Toronto 16 times, you think my history of purchasing things there would be on hand. Or, if they flagged it, you think they'd call me and ask me about it. But whatever, at least it's resolved now.
**********************************************
I am TOTALLY jonesing for some new Torchwood. I miss me some Ianto.
**********************************************
I had been, since we decided to go, raved about Zelda's to Michelle. And we ate there with Tam, but we ate on the patio (where I got my first sunburn) and didn't go inside. So Michelle never got to experience teh zaniness that IS Zelda's! Well, that gives her a reason to return, right?
**********************************************
Also, I just realized that I was mispronouncing Ground Central of the gayborhood. It's at the crossroads of Church and Wellesley streets, but I've been calling it Church and Wessley! For all 12 years, all 16 times that I went there! Geez, how much of an idiot must I have sounded like?
**********************************************
I miss Enrique. And Ed. And Toronto in general.

POLT Listening to "The Difference" by The Wallflowers

It's kind of unsettling to have drag queen guardian angels. - Margaret Cho

3 comments:

john said...

Have you seen the Easter episode of Doctor who?

If not I might be able to hook a brother up. Email me if you are interested.

Oh, and I just put a comment on Puntabulous about Wolverine. Polt, wait for dvd. It is just bad.

Tam said...

Well, when two gay guys get married you assume ONE of them has some fashion sense. We just know that when its your turn to stroll down the aisle it won't be you. :-P And brown tuxes with brown bridesmaid dresses? Not good. The shades would never match and the bride would have been in tears.

I never realized Michelle missed the tackiness that is Zelda's interior. As you said, a reason to return.

Anonymous said...

With all the fun you had in Toronto, I would plan your next trip and give us a countdown. :)

Onanite