Wednesday, November 18, 2009

And the friends tom once knew so well...

In November 1995, I started dating my second boyfriend (and this story has no surprise freaky sexual fetish in it, so if you're looking for that, move along). His name was Tom, he was about my height, but a big guy, not really fat, just, big. Like a large rugby player, and he was black.

I was at HeadQuarters, another gay bar in Hagerstown that since has shut down. I don't recall exactly how it happened, but I remember his friend, whose name I have since forgotten, came to me and talked to me first. I don't remember what he said, but he apparently told me Tom was interested in me or something. Due to what I was planning on doing, I was laughing to myself. Tom was standing next to the bar, talking with a friend. I walked right up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. When he turned around, I said, "I want to kiss you. Right now." He kind of stammered, "okay" and then I put my hands on either side of his head, pulled him to me and plastered a long, hard, wet, tongue and all kiss on him. Much to his friend's laughter and delight. And I presume his as well.

At any rate, after this, we went on a few dates, to see a few movies, and out to eat once. Coincidentally, he lived in Winchester VA as well...the same place Nathan (diaper man) was from. But unlike Nathan, Tom had a car, and we met in Hagerstown or Martinsburg, WV, both inbetween our homes. I recall after one movie, we sat in his car and talked, and kissed, and played with one another...but nothing else sexual happened.

There's a horseracing racetrack in Charleston WV, and Tom worked in the restaurant of a hotel in town. New Year's that year, he asked me to come down and spend it with him, and I did. I got there about 9:00, but he was still working behind the bar, so I sat at the bar and waited. And listening to the Top 100 Country Videos on tv...thrill that that was.

In fact, he left me sitting at the bar while he went off to do something else. And frankly, it pissed me off. Sometime after 10:30, he came back, with two of his friends and co-workers, a girl and a guy. We stood there and talked for a bit. There was a party going on elsewhere in one of the hotel's ballroom, a large, fancy, invite only affair. But the three of us walked right in. We had some drinks, and tried to look like we belonged there, but we were clearly underdressed. And while all this was kinda fun, I was still a little pissed cause I was hoping to spend New Years with Tom, and it appeared we were just going to spend it with his friends. Which is okay, but not the romantic time I was expecting.

WE left the party and returned to the bar, and that's where we were when it became 1998. And I was frankly none to happy, and I was not terribly good at hiding it. But the new year was no more than 5 minutes old when Tom said his goodbyes to his friends, and ushered me out the door and to one of the hotel rooms. He had gotten this one, and got it all set up for us. It was warm, candles were lit, and there was a bottle of chilled champagne, and strawberries and melted chocolate. And we sipped the bubbley, and fed each other chocolate dipped strawberries, and then had awesome earth shattering, toe curling, wake the neighbors sex. It was quite intense.

In the middle of the night, though, his snoring woke me up. I know I snore, but his snoring was like rattling the windows. I got out of the bed we shared and crawled into the other one. And put a pillow over my head. And but the blankets over that. And it didn't help. Eventually, I just threw my pillow at him, and hit him. And he stopped. I was too lazy to get up to get the pillow, so I just laid there, and was almost asleep when he started snoring again.

It was sometime in January (again, just like with Nathan) that Tom and I split up. His snoring had nothing to do with it. Basically, it was the distance between us. And the fact neither of us had a place we could go back to, neither of our living situations was condusive to bringing a guy home. It was an amacable split.

POLT Listening to "Flathead" by The Fratellis

"Why do guys have a prostate anyway?" "Why, it's obviously every man's happy spot!" - MSTP Bound

1 comment:

Tam said...

Glad the NYE ended well, despite the snoring. LOL