Friday, November 20, 2009

Bits-N-Pieces

Earlier this week, I was in Sam’s. Inbetween buying my candy for work and Clairiton, I walked through the DVD’s and ended up getting Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, and whatever the number is of the Star Trek movie with the Next Generation where the Borg go back in time and assimilate earth. I got them because 1) they are really the only good Star Trek movies worth owning, 2) I did not already own them on DVD and 3) they were only $8.88 each. Can’t go wrong with that. However, I have yet to purchase the newest Star Trek movie on DVD, even though it came out this week as well.
*******************************
If you’re French kissing someone, with tongues moving all about, you’re getting your spit in their mouth and their spit in yours, and that’s a good thing, right? But if someone actually spits on you, not in mouth, just anywhere generally on your person, that’s a huge digusting insult. Why? (and why do I think of such stupid shit as this when I’m driving home from work?)
********************************
I recently watched the movie Summer Storm and loved it. It’s a gay coming out, coming of age, German rowers story entirely in German, which doesn’t really sound all that interesting now that I read it that way. But the acting was extremely well done, not overacted or forced, and the situations were, if somewhat implausible at times, at least everyone acted in ways that made sense to me in those situations. Beautiful Thing is still my favorite coming out story, but this ranks pretty high on the list as well.
********************************
Who knew that you could mail a banana from one side of the county and have it delivered to the opposite side of the country, and have it arrive? And arrive intact, if a little brown and mushy? And people complain about the US Postal Service! Please…
********************************
I wrote all of these things down on a piece of scrap paper so I wouldn’t forget them when I did the next Bits-N-Pieces. But the next thing on the list, I wrote very quickly, and it’s a bit illegible, and I think it reads “beer taps in movies”…and I have no CLUE what the hell that means. I’m hoping that’s not actually what it says, cause I’ve totally forgotten what I was referring to if it is. I’d rather think my writing’s illegible than my memory’s going.
********************************
I’m a huge Dallas Cowboys fan. I live in an area where the fanbase is generally Washington Redskins. These two teams are arch enemies and so are their fans (in the scope of football at least). This Sunday, the Cowboys are playing the Redskins. So, there’s this particular Redskins fan at work who has in the past loved to harass me about being a Dallas fan (he’s not saying too much this year, since the Redskins are sucking smelly donkey dick this year…tee hee…). At any rate, I made him a bet: whichever team loses on Sunday, their fan has to wear a hat of the winning team for an entire day at work. Man, I hope Dallas plays like a 6-3 teams and the Redskins play like a 3-6 team. I mean, having the wear the hat would be bad enough, but having to put up with the extra harassment would be worse. And either way, there WILL be picture taking involved…
********************************
I recieved my final order from Borders this week as well: seasons 4 & 5 or The Kids In The Hall! Now I have all seasons of that series! And you may recall I got all seasons of Queer As Folk now, and I've HAD all seasons of The West Wing for a few years. Last year, during the months of July and August, I ended re-watching every episode in all 7 seasons of the West Wing. I had forgotten what an awesome series it was. Sometime soon, I should start a Queer As Folk rewatching as well. However, I think KITH should be viewed in shorter segments. Too much Canadian, crossdressing, Monty Python-esque humor at one time could cause your head to explode.
*********************************
And what would a Bits-N-Pieces be without a photo?


POLT Listening to "Breakin'" by The Music

You know how a car can be all rusted out on the outside but the interior and motor work just fine? Yeah, that's like tanning. - Tornwordo

4 comments:

Mark said...

This reminds me of a conversation I had a few years ago with a eff buddy. I drank out of his beer bottle when it was only one good swallow full. He looked creeped out and said "You just drank my backwash." I just reminded him about all of the places I had put my tongue on his body and asked "why would I be grossed out by backwash?'

His response...."Good Point!"

that's J-O-S-H said...

Did you finish "Snuff" yet?!?! I wanna talk about the batshit crazzzy ending wiff you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, between Keyron and I he's the more squeamish type.

What's a little spit (And amylase) between friends and lovers.

Michelle M. said...

I'm jealous. I need to get the KITH DVD's.