Monday, November 02, 2009

Hear these, welcome all ya'll to my world series...

Last night, I watched, for the first time in my life, a World Series game.

My dad lived, breathed, and ate Baltimore Orioles. He was all about the team, and watched their games every chance he could. And he kept telling me how I should watch with him, and how I should become an Orioles fan too, cause everyone else in the family was. Which was kinda true. But I didn't like ANY sports at that time. And his constant nagging and instance and stuff had the opposite effect and totally turned me off to baseball in general and made me hate the Orioles specifically before I even hit my teens. Those feelings have carried over into adulthood, even though I have developed a love for one sport: professional football.

But because of my dislike of baseball, I never watched a baseball game on TV, never a full game anyway. And the World Series games never did anything but piss me off, cause they preempted regular TV programming that I actually wanted to watch.

But yesterday, I noticed the my Toronto travel buddy, Michelle, left some sort of Facebook message saying, bascially, she hopes the Yankees kept on winning. So, since I knew there was not a Sunday Night Football game on, and since I really didn't have anything else to do Sunday night, I sent her a message asking if she wanted to come over and watch the game. And she did.

And so, before long, she showed up at my door with beer, chips, salsa and dips. And I got to show her around the house with all my stuff in it. (She has seen it after I bought it, but before I moved in, but this was her first time seeing it with furniture and stuff) And then we settled down to watch the game.

I wasn't especially interested, and she wasn't glued to the screen so there was a lot of pleasant conversation along with baseball watching. As for the experience itself...well, meh. I mean it's baseball. If I'm not excited about by now in my life, I'm pretty sure I'm never going to be excited about it. But it was fun. Not so much the game watching, but time with Michelle is always fun.

POLT Listening to "Map Of The Problematique" by Muse

Look at you, fourteen years old, hormones all over you...you'd have shagged a letterbox. - Hazel, Queer As Folk (British version)

2 comments:

FunWithGrindr said...

I'm the same with baseball. :P Boring! I've been to see a real game and it was much more entertaining than seeing it on TV. TV totally kills the fun of baseball in my opinion. Okay, the *moderate* fun of baseball.

Soccer is *so* much better. :) At the stadium, on TV, I don't care. It's a complete and total blast.

And soccer players are hot. ;)

Polt said...

Well, the next time I'm in Columbus, you'll have to get me to a game at the stadium. And yeah soccer players are hot, but what can beat a wide receiver in tight white football pants, with the jock underneath showing through as it thrusts the posterior up and out for all to see? :)

HUGS....