Thursday, November 12, 2009

When I was twelve, in summer camp (Part 24)...

12 for the 12th

This is all the brainchild of CHAD.


7:06AM
Man, I freakin' HATE getting up in the morning, I'm pretty sure I was saying a few swear words as I took this shot.


7:28AM
Getting dressed...still not quite awake.


7:51AM
Driving to work in a drizzle, does NOT help wake one up.


4:42PM
I had a coupon for 30% off any item at Borders, so I stopped after work and got some books and stuff. And it just happened to turn out that I had $15 in Borders Bucks just sitting there, so I used that too. Got almost $40 worth of stuff for about $20.


4:57PM
Went home by the Interstate, this is me exiting said Interstate.


5:46PM
Had to fill up my pill containter. I got pills for diabetes, pills for cholesteral,
pills for my allergies, and a vitamin. All this from the guy who could NOT swallow pills at ALL until he was 18 years of age.


5:51PM
Supper consisted of a bowl of Mama Polt's Homemade Chicken Corn Soup, a sandwich of Mama Polt's Homemade Chicken Salad, and a Pepsi. yum.


6:16pm
Playing Farville whilst watching Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares. Two mindless pursuits at one time!


6:41pm
Paying some bills. And yes, those are Superman checks, thanks for noticing my total comic book fanboy geekiness.


7:13PM
Having paid the bills, it was time to take them to Post Office for mailing. A brisk walk would do the trick. But I MUST have iPod provided musical accompaniment for any walking. Madonna's "Ray Of Light" is great beginning-of-walk music.


7:21PM
Downtown Waynesboro. At night. On the way to the Post Office. And yeah, it IS as dead as it appears to be.


9:32PM
Loading up the dishwasher, giggling like a schoolgirl while doing so for being so relieved to NOT have to wash them by hand anymore!

POLT Listening to "Age Of Censent" by New Order

They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program. - George W. Bush

10 comments:

hoteltuesday said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I FORGOT TO DO IT AGAIN THIS MONTH!!!! :'(
You play FarmVille?!!?

Anonymous said...

Luckily I'm not diabetic but I probably do have cholesterol issues. I've been modifying my diet. More fruit and veg, less meat where possible.

BTW, your iPod looks like the old, original. I've been through two iPods so far, an 8GB nano, and now a 16GB Touch. I love the Touch, and now that I've got the Motorola S9 bluetooth earphones they're that much better.

And Waynesboro doesn't look so bad. I don't know about living in a place named after someone named Wayne though. I like it here in good old Providence.

Michelle M. said...

I'm so happy for you about the dishwasher. And what a perfect day for (homemade!) chicken noodle soup. Now I must go see if they sell Wonder Woman checks.

that's J-O-S-H said...

I hate "Farmville" notificationz that clog mah Facebook Feed. I don't care about pink duckiez wandering into your fields!

But I lurrrve Madonna's "Ray Of Light" aka not funky and played out! This song was huge when I first started getting into music. I remember thinking to mahself "Why is this old granny dressing like a 23-year-old, and how is she pulling it off?!"

Tam said...

Trust me, after a few years loading the dishwasher (emptying moreso) becomes annoying as hell and then you dream of having a midget servant to do it for you. Sigh. But enjoy it while it's still a novelty.

tornwordo said...

Yay for the dishwasher. You're too young to have that many pills!

Bec said...

Soup sounds good! That's a lot of pills to remember!

Jill said...

Hey, Polt! Thanks for sharing your day - I couldn't agree more about Madonna. In fact, I just took RoL out of the CD player that I use for an alarm clock.

Pete Cullen said...

Superman cheques? That is absolutely fantastic!!

khowaga said...

I say, if you're going to be a fanboy, go all the way!

It's getting a little chilly down here, too, but nothing like y'all up north.

Nice 12!