Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Calling all aliens, come rescue me, oho oh...

“V” is premiering tonight, and if you have even the slightest bit of awesome anywhere in your body, you already know that.


And on the way to work this morning, while flipping through the radio stations, I ended up on the right wingnut radio show Mancow In The Morning. He mentioned that he saw the first episode at some comicon earlier in the year. He said it was a great episode. I hope he’s correct.

And then he said, “And best of all, it’s a slam at Obama! See, these aliens come to earth promising hope and change and instead they do the opposite! It’s great!”

And then I literally laughed out loud in my car.

V is obviously a remake of the original V miniseries from the early 80’s. Should the wingnuts be correct and it IS a slam at Obama, one must really wonder at the ingeniousness of the original V’s writers and producers. I mean, somehow, they just knew that 25 years into their future, Obama would be elected promising hope and change, but yet deliver the opposite, and they incorporated that into their miniseries 25 years ago, so that now, today, ABC could revive the franchise and use it to slam Obama! My GOD, they deserve an Emmy, or some kind of honor for being so far sighted and precognitive back in the 80’s!

I mean, who would have thought back then, when I was in middle school and shaking in anticipation for each night’s new episode, that it was actually a political statement against a president a quarter century hence? Sure not me!

Seriously…the lengths that these idiots go to never fail to amaze me. And, even more importantly, watch the episode tonight! I really hope it doesn’t suck.

POLT Listening to "Bittersweet Symphony" by The Verve

No, November 2 was not a good day for gays. It wasn't a good day for millions of other mammals, but gays bore the red brunt of the backlash. - James Wolcott, Vanity Fair, Dec 2004

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to this too. I have the original on dvd!!!

Anonymous said...

I still haven't watched it. It's on my DVR, so no spoilers. At least they got rid of the glasses.