Monday, November 30, 2009

Out on the weekend, out on the weekend...

Yesterday, I spent with A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking. We left the house at 8:00am (God, I was up that early on a Sunday....unbelievable) and drove to York PA and then to Lancaster PA. We were Christmas shopping. We hit three malls, two Borders bookstores, and one Chilis (for lunch). As we left, I told him I wasn't sure what I would be getting, and he said he was just along for the ride. But in the end, I only bought a book, some CDs and some Christmas decorations...all for me. Nothing for anyone else. He went a little nuts on buying things for his girls: a Dora Kitchen, two sets of roller skates, a stuffed Boots monkey doll, a Princess toy box with clothes and stuff in it...and other stuff I can't remember. Thank goodness Miss Cleo has a big trunk. He also got something for his wife (who from here on forever more shall be called Butters, for hilarious reasons that I'll not go into), but I'm not saying what it is, cause I'm not gonna ruin the surprise on the off chance she actually comes here.

Today, I slept in a bit (9:00, i think). I piddled around here before going to the Post Office to mail some things and get Christmas stamps for the Christmas cards, to the Credit Union to deposit some money, and to Wal-Mart for a few more things. In the afternoon, I took a nap, the first one in quite some time. Also did some laundry this afternoon. In the evening, I walked to Waynesburger for supper.

Following this, I put the Christmas tree up. I just bought it earlier this month. It comes in three sections. I put the first section in the stand, but when I pulled the 2nd one out, I thought it was supposed to go first. So I took the first one out, put the 2nd one in, and realized it was the 2nd and not the 1st. So out came the 2nd, in went the first, then the second and then the third. And then I spent more time 'fluffing' out the various limbs on the branches than I had spent putting it together. I'm gonna HATE taking it down, I can see that right now.

I put the strand of purple beads on a bought, and realized it wasn't enough. So tomorrow after work, Mom and I are going shopping. For more of those beads and for something to put at the to of the tree. I've decided to put the old, smaller tree I used in the apartment up as well, but in the upstairs front bedroom. And this one, I'm decorating up for the Dallas Cowboys. My cousin got me a set of six candy cane shaped ornaments all decked out in Cowboys stuff. And last night, I also bought a Dallas ornament. (I also got a Dallas Cowboys Santa Hat, and a Dallas Cowboys throw pillow, but they're not going on the tree) So I need to go get some blue, grey or white lights, and a star and some tinsel or garland or something for that tree.

So, even though I've not been posting a lot over the weekend, I've not been just lazing around (though there's nothing wrong with that!). I've actually been busy!

POLT Listening to the Patriots-Saints football game

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain

1 comment:

Mark My Words said...

Christmas tree setup, LOL!
Me too, plus I can never get mine to stand straight. Great blog, btw.