Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Help her lose, those happy birthday blues...

So you may have heard today was my 42nd birthday. Whoopie. Having a birthday doesn't really hold a lot of excitement for me. Because of my diabetes medication, I really can't drink more than two beers without beginning to feel sick. Going out to eat isn't a big deal anymore, as mom and I do it frequently. And getting older doesn't hold the fascination it did 25 years ago or so.

Still, nonetheless, I did get over 30 birthday wishes on Facebook alone. I got 4 cards in the mail, having already gotten two yesterday. I know I'll get a few more tomorrow at the big Thanksgiving meal we have. And I'll probably even get one or two on Friday. Mom gave me my birthday gift, which I picked out at Sam's myself two weeks ago. I found something there called the DC Vault, and it's all about the history of DC comics, my favorite comic book company, and since it 20 dollars cheaper there than in other stores, I mentioned that to her, and she said she'd get it for me for my birthday. So no surprises there, but still, its pretty cool to have.

At work today, i took the following photo of my phone:


Hopefully you can see today's date, and the time shown is 2:02 pm. This is the exact time I was born, so I grabbed the photo. Also, in the evening, mom and I went out to eat, she picked up the meal. We went to a buffet, and for dessert I got the following:


Yeah, a bit of vanilla ice cream, with sprinkles, and a small slice of apple cobbler. I'm not a fan of cake anyway, much prefer pie. And cobbler, if done right, is pretty damn good too. And this was.

So what's my gift to myself? Since i don't have to work tomorrow, and since we're not leaving to go to the big Thanksgiving meal until 10:45, my gift to myself is sleeping in. Yay.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow everyone!


POLT Listening to "Gravity" by Embrace

"Christ, didn't you get enough last night?" "There is no such thing as enough." - Brian, Queer As Folk

5 comments:

hoteltuesday said...

Whether you like celebrating or not, I DO! So happy birthday (again)!!

that's J-O-S-H said...

Happy birferz day!

Tam said...

Sounds like a pretty decent day. That's freaky about the time on your phone. Hope you had a super Thanksgiving today with your family.

Ray Avito said...

Happy Birthday, Polt! I see we are both Sag/Scorpio cusp, which means nothing and everything.

Michelle M. said...

Sprinkles make everything a party! I'm still laughing at your Aunt Barbara birthday greeting.