Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I love the colorful clothes she wears...

I noticed something today. I'm related to a few people who are Green. My best friend growing up was a Black. One of my favorite teachers in school was a White. And there was a teacher who we all kinda made fun of, she was a Brown. And I went to college with this girl who was a Gray.

But why is it that no one has the last name of Red? Or Blue? Purple? Orange, Yellow, Pink, Mauve, Fushia, or Burnt Umber?

Come to think of it, I have heard of a Periwinkle. And Auburn. But no Maroon, no Azure, no Violet, no Ochre.

Hmm, wonder why that is...

POLT - listening to "Gypsy" by Fleetwood Mac

Sometimes, you just have to dance like a madman in the Self-Help sextion of your local bookstore. - Paul, Boy Meets Boy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well because those other colors are used as first names. Red, Violet, Pink(y), Mauve, Fuchia, Maroon...and who could forget Azure. Granted most of them are used by drag queens, but I'm just saying.....
I guess Perry Winkle could go either way....sort of like Pat(Patricia or Patrick) or Chris(Christopher or Christine). (!!!)

Silly Polt....

Fairy Godfather