Sunday, October 29, 2006

On that you can depend and never worry...

So last night, I was somewhat worried and I'll tell you why. Freddie was going into Philadelphia.

He attends college about an hour north of Philly. He, and supposedly three girls (although only one ended up going), were going to drive into Philly, to go clubbing. Freddie's never been to Philly. Nor has he driven there before. At night. In rainy windy weather. INTO Philly. I was in Philly for the first time in August, and I walked through a portion of it in broad daylight that I didn't feel entirely safe in. And they were going at night. When they've never been there before. (Have I gotten my point across yet?)

The plan was for about 5 of them to go, although it ended up being just Freddie and his friend, whom I've christened "How-do-you-solve-a-problem-like" MARIA! Their icons are below.





They were leaving at 1000pm, and the one club stayed open until 600am. Freddie said he'd call me on the way back, to let me know everything was okay. And he did. At 330am or so. They had a good time, and everything went well. It wasn't difficult finding the places they wanted to go. And driving in Philly wasn't bad. Except that they almost hit a bicyclist. And they ran a red light. And they damn near took another car's car door off. But other than that, driving was fine.

They went to a gay club first, and had fun dancing and all. Except that some guy kissed "Howdoyousolveaproblemlike" MARIA! Using tongue and all. And she didn't even get his name. Or punch him. Or bite off the part of his tongue in her mouth. Course, perhaps she wasn't too threatening, as he apparently was grinding his ass into Freddie's crotch as well. Hmmm, sounds like one of my dates.....

I probably should have been less worried, as "Howdoyousolveaproblemlike' MARIA! is a Jersey chick. I'm sure she'd be able to kick anybody's ass that would threaten my Freddie. She, in fact, promised me earlier, that she's watch out for him for me. Anyway...

Afterwards, they went to a str8 club. This one was the one to 600, but they didn't stay cause it was way too packed, he said. No room to dance. No room to move. No room to even stand without getting jostled. And no guys sticking thier tongues in "Howdoyousolveaproblemlike" MARIA! mouth either. So they after like an hour. And returned home.

And after thier call, I could go to be and sleep comfortably.....for about 4 hours, until I had to get up to go let the Poopinator out. ARGHH!

POLT = listening to "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel

"I'm not looking for romance, Howard. No, I'm looking for something more important that that. Something stronger. As the years go by, romance fades and something else takes its place. Do you know what that is?" "Senility?" "TRUST!" "That's what I meant." - Howard Bannister, What's Up Doc?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Freddie Bear is okay. How did "howdoyousolveaproblemlike" Maria get a man to stick his tongue in her mouth at a Gay bar? Those Jersey gurls must be something!!

The Persian said...

well it sounds like he's having fun right? I would be worried too.

:)