Thursday, October 26, 2006

I feel the need to be naked with you (Part 30)...

It once more time for



This week, kids, Osbasso has asked us to do a Halloween themed HNT. Unforutnately, I didn't find out about this until Wednesday afternoon, and I was completely out of ideas. Oh I tried to think of something. Something silly, yet appropriate, and further, something easy to do, as I had very little time. And what did I come up with?

Nada. Zilch. Bubkis. The Big Goose Egg.

So, I resorted to some old photos. For about 6 years in a row in the mid-90s, I was invited to this large, private Halloween party in Harrisburg. People would come from as far away as Pittsburgh to attend this thing. And there was alcohol, "witch's brew" (pure grain alcohol in a cauldron with dry ice floating in it), cookouts, and invariably, a pretty ruthless game of quarters. And they had a best costume contest, with the prize being a bottle of wine or champagne. The first year, I went as a vampire and won nothing. But each successive year, i won the best costume prize each time! There was the Jewish grandmother costume, the candle costume, the prison inmate costume, the underwear drawer costume. And the following:



Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, The Floor Of A Movie Theater! It's an old sheet with a hole cut in it, and a popcorn bucket on my head with a string under my chin. I walked over the sheet with muddy feet leaving footprints, split some soda down the front and then I glued to it some Milk Duds, a popcorn bag, a lollipop and it's wrapper, some peices of popcorn, an empty box of Ju-Ju-Bees, a Kleenex, an M&M bag, some Goobers and the empty box they came in, an empty soda cup, a few coins, and I think even a condom wrapper. On the back, I wrote in large red letters EXIT.

I did indeed win the champagne that year as well.

POLT - listening to "Hand In Pocket" by Alanis Morisette

"What do you want to do?" "Hang him by his thumbs and beat him with a pogo stick." - Josh, The West Wing

12 comments:

Regal said...

lovely - HHNT

Suze said...

Very creative and so orginal. Now can I have that condom wrapper back?

Happy HNT sweetie ;)

Anonymous said...

The floor of a theater. How inventive of you! Glad you never fell down, people might have walked on you. Great picture, HHNT!

Stealth said...

LOL!!!!

That is great!

Sexy Duet said...

That is the best costume I have ever seen, too funny! Happy HNT!

Ms SD

Anonymous said...

hahah, most excellent! I love a great, creative hallowe'en costume (though I completely missed the theme for hnt this week). happy hnt.

Ryan said...

love the costume hhnt!

S said...

Oh man, your costume ideas rock! That is really cool!
HHHNT Polt!

tm said...

Very clever. You must be a very creative man. Hmmmm, I wonder what other creative talents you have????
HHNT

jiggs said...

hilarious! HHNT!

Anonymous said...

Lol...too funny. What did you were underneath?

Happy belated HNT!

The Persian said...

That is the most original costume I've ever seen. Wow!

:)

Happy (belated) HNT :) Polty

*HUGGAGE*