Sunday, October 22, 2006

You'll see the common day catching up to you...

Man, so much has happened lately that I want to post about but Friday night, I was busy (I'll get to that momentarily) and Satruday night, Blogger was on the rag again and decided to not let me do, well ANYthing. And then I wasn't home most of today, and when I got home, I didn't feel like doing anything right away. I do now, but it's late, so we'll see how much I get through.

Saturday morning, my fag hag Ag left on her cruise. (THIS is her blog, why don't we all go there and leave her a comment, wishing her a happy trip or something...she'll be able to check things from the boat) She asked me to come down Friday evening and hang with her and pack. And how could I say no? This is me, down there:



I got the drink in one hand, and the cookie in the other. And take note of the super-cool Superman boxers! Do I know how to keep a friend company while she packs or what? And I also snapped a photo of her prepacked stuff:



Okay, well actually, the cookies are mine that I brought down, but all the white undies are hers. As is the pack of condoms....I've taught her well!

So, while she packed, I laid there and we kibbitzed. Oh we talked about this, that and the other thing....especially a LOT about the OTHER thing. And then she mentioned that she had he cable modem up and running, so of course I had to get online and check it out. And that was it, I was lost for the evening. I was cruising all over XTube and YouTube. We found a bunch of these videos form the BackDorm Boys. They're two Chinese guys who lip sync to songs and act all weird. They're a huge phenomenon in China itself, apparently. They're versions of the Da-Da-Da song just had us both in tears. I was amazed by all this, as I'm still on dial-up...although that is SOON to change, I assure you. I can get it if I do away with my current internet provider AND my lanline. I don't want to lose the house phone really, I don't want to rely on just my cell-phone...that could be lost, stolen or broken. But financially, i may have to. Cause I tell you I HAVE to get a cable modem. It is no longer optional.
*****************************************
Thursday night, I went out after work with my little buddy Gilligan, who shall now and forever be known as Jam Handy!, cause that's what he's named his MySpace profile. I'll still use the Gilligan photo icon thought cause 1) everyone knows that one and 2) I couldn't find a good Jam Handy! photo. (who knew Jam Handy! was a real person?????)



Anywho, Jam Handy! has decided to make some changes in his life, including his wardrobe. His current one consists of...well, black. Black, black, and more black. Oh, and look, there's some black behing the rest of the black. he wanted something different. So after work, off we went to the mall.

We started at JCPenney's and found a whole horde of stuff on sale. It looked good, but we were hesitant to not investigate further. So we shopped in every store in the mall that sold men's clothes: The Gap, American Eagle, Sears, Macy's, etc, etc, etc. IN Old Navy, we found a bunch of t-shirts on sale, some as cheap at $2.97. I told him to get some, cause even if he didn't like then, at that price, you wear them once, and then you got your money our of them. And then you turn them into dust rags or whatever. Well, he chose three, but when he got to the register, the total bill was $3.08. It seems they were on sale from the sale price! Crazy! Crazy, but thrifty!

In the end, we went back to Penneys' and bought the clothes there. He had budgeted $200, we spent $164. That was for 2 blue jeans, tan khakis, green khakis, red t-shirt, two blue t-shirts, a green one too, i think, two Polo pullover shirts, and I think a mock neck shirt, too. Not too bad. While in Penneys, I saw they had Dickie stuff....which made me giggle like a little schoolgirl. See below:


We checked in Payless for some shoes for him, but couldn't find any he liked. I however found THE perfect shoe for me.



It's from the women's size 12 section, so it might fit me (who knew there WERE women's size 12 in Payless?) . All I needed was a handbag to go with it. BUT, this was Jam Handy!'s night, not mine, so I just put the shoe back, bid it a fond farewell, and we were on our way.

Afterwards, we ate at Ruby Tuesday's and stuffed ourselves to the point of exploding. ANd then we returned to our respective homes. A good time was had by both of us. However, as I warned Jam Handy! at the beginning of our adventure, i have no fashion sense whatsoever. I'm missing that part from my gay gene. Along with my flower arranging part, hari styling part, going to the gym part, and neatness part. I did get the cocksucking part of the gay gene though (got that part in spades, may I add, so it's all good.) I suggested next time, he take a chick along, as they've generally got SOME degree of fashion sense and would know what looks good on him and what doesn't. And even better than that, I may be able to have Freddie go along with us one time. Freddie works at Aeropostale, remember. He's quite the fashion-ista. He'll be able to help Jam Handy! get what works for him.

So that was my Friday and Thursday. I've got more, but it's late and I need sleep. Perhaps I shall post more tomorrow, after the Hot Shirtless Guy Photos.

POLT - listening to "Don't Leave Me This Way" by Thelma Houston

I can't decide if I think you're an utter moron or just the biggest shit-magnet in the entire world. - Mid-Nighter, The Authority: More Kex #2

4 comments:

The Persian said...

those boxers are priceless! Wow these are great photos, love the golden shoe.


:)

Ryan said...

omg i want 2 go shoppin with u!

Anonymous said...

Jim Handy is okay but what about Jim Dandy? Now I know your weakness. Give Polt a cookie and he'll follow you anywhere.HEHEHE!
My local J.C.Penny's closed down but we do have an Old Navy and Macy's and even Aeropostale in the College Mall. I never go in there it is too pricey for me. I do like the pictures in the window at the A&F clothing store.
Can't wait to hear the rest of your exciting weekend. Hugs and More!Ed

katarina said...

I just got DSL recently and didn't have to get rid of my house phone. Cable is so expense and not that much better than dsl. I know what you mean. Since I got dsl, I can't stay away from YouTube.