Monday, December 29, 2008

Another wasted day counting shades of gray...

Just as an aside, this is my 3,600th post. Since June 2005. That's like 86 posts a month...just a bit less than 3 posts a day. Who knew I could be so blogically profiecient?

As a second aside, I'm posting this from my laptop, whom I shall call Della, for obvious reasons. I still don't know if she's a necessity, but it is kinda sweet to sit on the couch, listening to the electronica station on the music channels on cable and type about stupid stuff.

I had something of a wasted day today. Which is fine, everyone needs wasted days. I got up a bit late, piddled around on the computer, showered, and headed to moms. She made me breakfast, God love her, and then I took her to the hospital for some blood work, went to the Credit Union, the Dollar Store, and a grocery store. I then came back home and read some before deciding to take a nap. A nap that started about 1:30 and lasted to 5:00...hence the wasted day.

I'm not complaining, really Im not, but this deal of having 5 days off, working two and then having 5 more off....not sure how I feel about that. I mean, what can there possibly be for me to do these second 5 days that I didn't do that first 5 days? Oh well, sometime over the summer I'll be bitching about how I haven't had any time off and how I need a vacation, and then would be the time for all of you to remind me of this particular post.

Also today, recently, I was invited to a hibatchi place on Saturday. I've been to one of those before, about 10 years ago, and didn't really like it. but then, at that time, I didn't reall like Asian food. And since it's my friend Michelle that invited me, I figured I know I'll have a good time. Her friend Celeste is going too, as well as Celeste's daughter, and her daughter's gay friend Todd. I'm not certain if this is a case of them trying to set two gay guys up on a date, although I think it may be. And it's quite sweet of them. But we'll have to see how things go on that front on Saturday itself. If nothing else, as I said above, I'm sure I'll have a fun time regardless.

And as a third aside, allow me to state that the Retro-Active station on cable, that plays early 80's New Wave music is pretty cool as well...listening to the Cure right now.

So despite being a wasted day, it really wasn't an uninteresting one.

POLT Listening to "Countdown With Kieth Olberman" Oil: 40.08 (+2.18); Gas: 1.62 (-.01)

You don't live longer, it just seems longer. - George Bernard Shaw

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Believe me, you'll love the laptop.

And how did you score a job that's 2 on, 5 off? That's some pretty sweet hours my friend. Or are you doing 20 hour shifts for each of those 2 days. That would suck.

Music - online. http://www.pandora.com

Tell it artists you like and it'll create stations for you.

And dare I ask, whatever happened with Don?