Monday, December 01, 2008

Save it for a rainy day, some people gotta stay...

I used up all Karma's bad luck on Saturday, apparently, cause Sunday was a GREAT day!

Even though it rained all day, I still had fun. My friend Michelle and I went shopping. Although not around here, cause I can do that anytime. No we went to York and Lancaster PA. York's about an hour or so east of here, and Lancaster's a good hour beyond that. We hit three malls, and three seperate Borders bookstores. I found a great little comic book store and got a few things I had been missing. I managed to get a few more seasons of the new Dr. Who (with my Border's coupons), and have been watching them practically non-stop since I got them home.

I did finish up Christmas shopping for two of my people, but there's still five kids I have to buy for, and I'm probably just taking mom out one day to a local mall and we'll get something for eat of them at ToysRUs or Wal-Mart or something. I've still got some things to get for mom, but I can get them myself.

I took my iPod along, just in case we needed it, but the conversation came so easily and so readily I never needed it. We talked the whole time, over a myraid of subjects, and laughed quite a bit of the time as well. And walking, ohmiGOD did we walk. We didn't go in many stores, thankfully Michelle doesn't shop like a chick, wherein she needs to go into EVERY clothing or show store for 15-20 minutes each, look at nearly everything and buy nothing. I've done that before when i went shopping with a 'barbie girl' I used to work with. No fun is that.

Michelle and I ate at a
Macaroni Grill and the food was outstanding, the portions huge, and we left full and satisfied. At one point we ran across four lanes of traffic in the rain...always an adventure.

I ended up spending more on myself than on others *SIGH*...I'm SUCH and only child sometimes. But I did buy some gifts, so it all balances out in the end, I figure.

In the ToysRUs, I found a series of awesome toys that would be perfect for me: Project Runway make your own sketches stuff!!!!!!


Yes, it WAS in the preteen girls section, but ToysRUs doens't have a Middle-Aged Gay Man section (unless you count the male employees bathroom!), so the preteen girl section is that closest!


Then, in a Hollister store I saw a photo from the future! This is what I'll look like after I complete...um, er, once I start, an exercise regimen!

Don't really know WHO I'm trying to kid. I could have a team of personal trainers, personal diet chef, liposuction, AND plastic surgery and I'd never EVER look like this. But it's nice to dream.


And then, in two seperate Abercrombie & Fitch shops, I decided to molest a few giant photographs.



Is it molestation if I'm just flicking their nipples a tad?

It was an outstanding way to spend a dreary, rainy November day.

POLT Listening to "Medusa's Path" by The Prodigy Oil: 50.16 (-6.25); gas: 1.78 (-.01)

Say your peace, even if your voice shakes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Molesting the A&F posters is priceless.

We were up in Salem, MA on Saturday. Interesting place. Went through the old cemetery, they hung a lot of men and women and even took five days to crush one to death.

Damned Puritans.

And of course I left the camera at the house.

tornwordo said...

Shopping for yourself in the teen girl section. Priceless.

Anonymous said...

Oh Polt we love you just the way you are.

Onanite