Tuesday, December 16, 2008

In the evenings, oh, gee wouldn't it be wonderful...

Today, I got up a bit late, so I went to work late. Ended up staying late. but as the weather had turned a bit nasty, and was supposed to be really icy tomorrow morning, I didn't know whether anyone from my department would make it in. So I a bit later still to handle 4 new clients that came in late. (3 of which were real cuties, which only helps with the staying late part...it's always easier to stay late when where there's something cute to look at there)

When I finally left, it was snowing/slushing/sleeting/raining. I have no idea exactly what it was doing, but there were no accumulation on the roads, only wetness which wasn't slick.

Mom had called me at work and told me she had made some chili and did I want to stop by afterwards? Well, DUH! Of course I wanted to stop by. So I slowly made my way home, and then just parked in her small driveway to the side of the house. I left Miss Cleo there, cause it's easier to back out of her driveway than it is to try to get down the alleyways behind my house when they are slick and icy.

I got inside, she made me a grilled cheese to eat with the chili (Mama Polt loves to cook...and I love to eat, so it's a win/win situation). After eating, I talked with her a bit, and then A Charlie Brown Christmas was coming on TV, so we sat there and watched it. I have no idea when, or even if, my mother had ever watched it before, but she laughed several times, which I enjoyed. I'm glad she could laugh a little, since this is the second Christmas without dad, and from she says, it still bothers her a little. She's still doing quite well though, no need to worry about that.

Then I walked home in the snow/sleet/slush/rain and took a warm shower and am now enjoying a hot cup of green tea.

What a wonderful evening this was.

POLT Listening to "Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse

I hate this guy. He fights dirty, his armor smells, AND he's a Cardinals fan! - Booster Gold, 52#3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Polt, I know what field you're in and I'm sure that of those cuties more than a couple are well, of the same persuasion if you know what I mean.

Yes I know, it'd be career suicide. But still, consider most are there because of the War on Drugs (tm) they might clean up on the outside and who knows.

Polt said...

Well yes a number of those cuties are of the same persuasion, but yes, it would be career suicide, even after they're not here, so no, I don't think so.

but there's always my imagination, I suppose. :)

HUGS...

Anonymous said...

I think I am the only person who finds Charlie Brown Christmas as annoying as hell. Except when they are dancing on stage, that's the only redeeming feature. I don't even like the lame tree. Okay, I'll be struck by lightning now or something but I had to get it out there. Chile sounds yummy though.