Wednesday, December 24, 2008

on a cold christmas eve, you promised me....

So, how did your Christmas Eve go, Polt? Why thanks for asking.

It started out with me waking up NOT sick...and that's a pretty damn good thing. You don't know how much you take your health for granted until you're tummy upset and you're feverish and achey over a few days.

I had intended on getting up early and getting some laundry done, as I had a hair appointment at 3:30. But then late last night, Johnnie called. He's back in town from Philadelphia for the holidays and wanted to get together for lunch. So since we were going that, there was no way I could get any laundry before I needed to go to lunch, so....I slept in. Always a sweet thing to do.

I got up, got online for a bit, then read some and showered and was on my way. Johnnie ate at Cafe Del Sol in Greencastle. Had a delicious meal, and a fun and interesting conversation, as always. And he told me that he's got a 50% chance of getting to do some of his graduate work next year at the University Of Toronto. TORONTO!!! How thrilled was I at that?

After I managed to not spit by Pepsi out onto him when he told me, he continued to say that he figured he'd just have to have one room put aside, the "Polt Room" where I'd stay when I came up every other week or so. I told him I thought it might be more often than that. He said that was fine with him, but he wasn't so sure about me bringing guys back to his place that I just picked up. I reminded him that both Sam and George took me back to their homes (and Sam to one apartment he was housesitting), and I'd only ever brough Ed and Fizul back to the hotel room...albeit more than once usually. Still, though, if it's gonna get me in Toronto, and NOT have to pay for a hotel room, I'll sleep on the floor and fuck guys in the bushes outside for all I care!

After eating, we kinda puttered around the strip mall, cause there wasn't really anywhere else to go in Greencastle. We ended up just walking through the local Food Lion for something to do. Oh, but you're saying, "Polt, you and Johnnie couldn't possibly be that lame, could you?" Well, here's a photo of Johnnie checking out the Ben And Jerry's.


After this, we stood outside a grocery store and talked for a bit, probably 20 minutes or so. Then we hugged, wished each other Merry Christmas, and went our seperate ways.

As it was just 1:00 or so, I drove to Borders to waste some time. Big mistake, going to a shopping center on Christmas Eve. I managed to avoid most of the traffic by going in the back way through a housing development, but the place was a madhouse! the line in Borders was so long so that even if I saw something I wanted, I wasn't gonna wait that long to buy it. After about a half hour, I just left, fighting through the traffic, and drove downtown to get my comics.

When I got there, I had forgotten that he was having a sale, so i spent time shopping through there. It was 50% off some stuff, but like 40% off most stuff. Still, this is like the fourth sale he's had since the summer, so I already had most of what I wanted. I might go back, because at those prices, how can I lose, eh?

After this, I went to get my hair cut-N-colored. And then I returned home. I was going then to do some laundry...but again, it was cold and damp and rainy, and mom was going to church so it would just be me and the dog, and did I really wanna go back outside. So I didn't.

I watched some episodes of the New Dr. Who (halfway through season 4), talked to Dave S. on the phone a bit and then remembered I still had to wrap mom's gifts. So I got that done.


I didn't wrap the fire extinguisher cause I got that when she was with me, when she told me she wanted one. No need to wrap it, she knows she's getting it. But still, the bow gussies it up just enough, eh?

Then I had a cup of tea, read some more, and now I'm typing this. Ahead is probably more reading, or more Dr. Who and then to bed, cause I have GOT to get the laundry done tomorrow, so I'll need to get up a bit early. And I've got to be asleep so Santa can bring me the gifts, ya know?

POLT Listening to "Into The Ocean" by Blue October

Sorry seems the hardest word. - Elton John

No comments: