Monday, December 15, 2008

Gifts are wrapped with loving hands, around the world...

Today, mom and I made the annual pilgrimage to my work with candy/cookies she made for my co-workers. Mom LOVES making Christmas cookies, and it's been tradition for the last...oh, probably 7 or 8 years that we take a batch over to work for my co-workers. this year, she took peanut brittle, peanut butter fudge, buckeyes, coconut balls, snickerdoodles, chocolate chip cookies, raisin cookies, and sugar cookies. She took so much we had to take it in one of those big plastic storage tubs! Here's a photo:



It was heavy, moreso than I think it looks on there. But anyway, everyone over there were very grateful, as they always are, and thanking her repeatedly and stuff, like they always do. Everyone LOVES Mama Polt's cookies and candies!

After this, we went to ToysRUs, cause I still had to get gifts for the kids in the family. I've got cousins that have kids that I need to buy for: an 11 year old boy, an 8 year old girl, a 5 year old boy, a 3 year old boy and a 2 year old boy. And it's not easy, cause I don't know what any of them like or are into. But together, Mom and I found something for me to buy for each of them. $108 in total. Not that I'm complaining. I'm glad that I'm able to get them gifts.

When I got home, much to my surprise, I actually got them all wrapped. I say I was surprised because it's not usual for me to be frantically wrapping their gifts the night before the family getogether...or even just a few hours before. But this year, I'm done almost a week beforehand.

All I've got to say is what is the deal with the size of kids toys and their boxes??? Geez, one of them, a large remote controlled car, took like two full sheets of wrapping paper! Well, not really, but it seemed like it. And not only did I have all kinds of issues wrapping them, but now I have to try to transport them...without tearing the paper...or knocking bow off....or dropping one, or whatever. *SIGH*...what a 'cool uncle' to do? (even though I'm not their uncle, I'm their cousin, but I'm like that 'cool uncle' we all have)

At any rate, here is a photo of the gifts under the tree.



I guess I'm gonna have to use a few really large bags to carry them....or maybe I can hire a few kids from the neighbor as porters...college aged kids, cute ones...with big muscles, and that don't mind the cold so they won't have to wear many clothes....sorry, excuse me for moment...

POLT Listening to "Essex Dogs" by Blur

I can't stop the killing. It's like potato chips and masturbation, I just can't stop! - MadTV

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good mom you have I would have loved to be there for all the goodies.

Onanite

Anonymous said...

Your Mom's the best.