Sunday, December 21, 2008

i took a long, long trip to the city...

Okay, so finally, after all this time, I'll get around to what I did this weekend that kept me so busy.

Friday morning, A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking and I went to Annapolis to do some shopping. We left at 9:00 am. We got to the Annapolis Mall and walked all the way through it, buying a few things. We went into the Make-A-Bear store and he made a teddy bear for his youngest, Baby Jackie. It was SO adorable watching him, as he had to pick out a heart, and kiss it and then put it in the bear. Oh, how I LOVED watching that cause it was just so cute, and he loves to put on this front being a tough guy and all, and he clearly wanted to and liked kissing the heart, but he hated showing that side of him. The sweetness of it made me chuckle.

We ate at Chilis, and then proceeded home. Oh, did I mention, it was high-30's throughout and raining terribly throughout. So driving took us a lot longer than we had expected. Upon returning, we stopped by his house and then took 10 bags of stuff to Goodwill, per the request of his wife. We drove this time in the MommyVan. And after that, we drove to a local shopping center to get more gifts at Circuit City. I got some shoes at Payless, and we searched all through Bed, Bath & Beyond and Wal-Mart for a gravy boat.

Yes, on the Friday before Christmas, we went to Wal-Mart in the evening. I have absolutely no idea WHAT the hell we were thinking! The place was just as nutty as you'd think it would be. But we found what we needed (except for the gravy boat...who KNEW Wal-Mart wouldn't have gravy boats???).

After this I went back to the ALCMDPP homestead and talked to and played with the girls. Katie proceeded to tell me all about her day, and I understood most of it. Abby showed me her unicorn, that they both called a pony, and which sings, somewhat irritatingly, Magic by Olivia Newton John. And Baby Jackie just sat there and let me hold her. Then, I had to tuck Abby and Katie into bed. How could you refuse a little two year old standing in her purple jammies, and asking you to tuck her in, with big puppy dogs gazing up at you? I certainly couldn't.

After all this, about 7:00, I left and went to my next engagement.....

Suprisingly, I only took a few photos on this trip, and despite having my man purse and notecards and a pen, I only wrote down some quotes from the early part of the day. But without further ado, let's get to those quotes:

  • Susan, my love, I may or may not have ordered our new checks with NASCAR on them. - David
  • "These are my Glenn beck wipers. He told me to buy them." "Surprising they work, cause you'd think his wipers would only go to the right!' - Polt
  • I'm taking a sick day today *cough, cough* - David
  • Don't MAKE me leave you here. - David
  • Jackie was born this year, right? - David
  • I never said I was a good father. - David
  • You, Polt, are the new Joe Russell. - David
  • Chilis is like Applebees only on crack, crack cocaine. - David
  • Thank God I'm writing thsee quotes so I can't hear you singing. - Polt
  • I have the voice of an angel. See if I invite you to my first concert. I'm not signing your CD. - David
  • Goodbye, Katie, let me talk to mommy. I love you too, honey. Katie, let me talk to mommy. Okay, good, now Katie, let me talk to your mother. - David
    • And the photos:

      Firstly, I brought along a memoir from our first trek earlier this year: one of the White Castle boxes!



      Secondly, I got a photo of ALCMDPP at the Make-A-Bear shop holding the empty bear. Unfortunately, I didn't have the camera ready as he kissed the heart.



      And this is when he made a call home, I had NO idea he had a purple phone!!! If I didn't already like him, that alone would make me do so.



      And the rest of my weekend, forthcoming soon....

      POLT Listening to the Panthers-Giants football game

      Nothing says "Hey world, look at me!" like a floral print! - Sam's dad, Danny Phantom

      1 comment:

      Anonymous said...

      I love the picture of Mr. David ParisPeking holding the teddy bear trying to look all macho, you can tell he has a soft heart.

      Onanite