Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I'll never catch all the memories i'm chasing...

Okay, this one's gonna be kind of a catch-all for a bunch of little stuff I want to say, but not enough that they warrant their own post.

1. I've got a new poll posted over in the sidebar on the left. Vote away.

2. A commentor mentioned Don, and I thought I should answer it here in case anyone else is interested. Don and I have...drifted apart. It was kinda more so on my part. I never really felt comfortable with the whole situation, ya know, waiting for his partner to die so we could be together, even if his partner was fine with the whole deal. Just seemed a bit too morbid for me. And while the sex was great, Don was just a bit too...demanding. No, that's not the word. Well, I'll put it this way, several times I felt like saying, "Yes your ass is one of the best I've ever seen, and I DO love kissing you and cuddling, but geez, why not suck MY cock once in a while, eh?" Does that sum it up? That's the way he was, and I didn't see him changing, and I didn't want to do ALL the work, ya know? Although he WAS a great guy, and the sex...some of the best. But it just was not meant to be.

3. Read the latest Torchwood book in three days! Great read. And I LOVE Ianto on the cover with half his face clown-like (see photo in sidebar).

4. Speaking of books, this is rundown of the books I've read this year:
  • History - 6
  • Star Trek - 5
  • Gay - 4
  • Fantasy (D&D-esque) - 3
  • Superheroes - 3
  • Torchwood - 2
  • Politics - 2
  • General Sci-Fi - 2
  • Other - 1
And yeah, this is pretty representative of my reading habits as a whole. (although I'd kinda expect there to be more politics)

5. My Toronto calendars (I ordered three of them) arrived today, and I skimmed quickly through the photos. Damn, I LOVE that city.

6. Was going to try to do laundry again today...and didn't. Instead, slept in, went to eat lunch with mom and grandma, went to grocery store and then Wal-Mart. Did get a lot of things done I needed to...but no laundry. And I got mom a REAL digital camera, to replace that plastic cheap-ass one I got her for Christmas. I was truly ashamed when we opend the box and looked at it. Truly shameful camera it was. Glad I got to get her a real one.

7. The Dallas Cowboys didn't even make the playoffs. *SIGH* Yeah, Detroit going 0-16 was pretty damn bad, but really it's Detroit, did anyone expect anything else? But Dallas...they SHOULD have done better. It's a disgrace.

I know there were other things that I've since forgotten. Oh well, I can always make another one of these posts if I need to.

POLT Listening to "Ready To Go" by Republica

Actually, I - this may sound a little West Texan to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about - when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me. - George W. Bush

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are Torchwood books? Why didn't I know this? How long are they? Like normal sized novels? Damn, I've been kind of caught up in another genre lately but Torchwood might force me out for a spell.

Polt said...

Tam, my love. Tam, Tam, Tam...there's like 6 different books so far. I've read two. One was a bit wordy and tedious, but this one "Twlight Streets" had the feeling of an episode. I have another one I haven't started yet. Since there wont be another Torchwood episode for some time, I'm gonna read all of these in time, to get my Torchwood fix. :)

HUGS...

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm getting me some Torchwood books. :-)