Tuesday, December 23, 2008

flying high, mud all over my face...

So, after having some toast and ginger ale, a warm shower and a shave, I'm feeling better. Still not 100%, but well enough to get online and sit up and walk around and stuff. I'm not dizzy anymore. And I want to get to my Saturday stuff, which i wanted to post yesterday, but obviously that didn't happen. So I shall do that now.

Saturday morning (after having left Michelle's party and not gone to sleep until about 1:00am), I somehow managed to get up about 6:30am. I don't have any idea how either. But I got ready and left for work.

It was only then that I noticed that the passenger side of my car was totally completely splattered with mud. At first, I thought I might have done it trying to drive around in the waterlogged field next to Michelle's house, but it was only on that one side. And then I remembered the girl who got her car stuck and I had to move Miss Cleo so they could get her out. Yeah, she probably sat there and spun her wheels, kicking up all kinds of mud on my car. I didn't notice it at night because, obviously, it was dark. But it was very clear and plain to see in the daylight. See below:





And the temps haven't really been above freezing, so I haven't been able to take it to a car wash yet to clean it off...although that very well may occur tomorrow, as it's supposed to be a bit warmer.

So anyway, I got to work and had a relatively easy day. I didn't have too much to do, and I had prepared things on Thursday so they were ready to go Saturday. It was a altogether not a bad day. And I left about 20 minutes early, cause of what else I had to do.

I left work, came home, grabbed my gifts and went to moms. We both then went and got my grandmother and then drove to my uncle's for our family Christmas. There were perhaps 25 or so people there. We ate a great meal, then exchanged gifts, primarily the 5 kids (11 yr old, 8 yr old, 5 yr old, 3 yr old and 2 yr old). I think its great the my grandmother gets to be the great-grandmother to five kids. And shes lucid enough to still get by, neither her mind nor her body have failed her, even though neither are what they once were. Its quite nice to have four generations all together, and all of us were there that could be there. And instead of exchanging gifts between the adults, we decided to just have each of us give money and then we'd make one large donation to the National Cance Society in the name of my grandfather and dad, both of whom died from cancer.

After this fun evening, we all came home. I got home about 8:30...in time to watch Dallas lose to the Ravens, dammit (they still control their own destiny to get a playoff spot), but it was also only the first time since Thursday night that I spent any real time at home (other than the 5.5 hours of sleep I got Friday night). How great it was to relax and NOT have to be on the run doing things.

And of course, I have some photos.

My cousins Cam and Lexi.


My cousin Tereek opening gifts.


My cousin Cory helping my other cousin Javion open gifts.


My cousin Cam getting help with his gifts from his aunt Tracy. Yes, Tracy is wearing antlers. I wore the Santa hat, although I have no photos of that. Check my 12 Days Of Christmas video to see me in a Santa hat.


My cousin Cam with the Mickey Mouse my mom gave him, both tucked in under the blanket that Mickey was holding. Mom got one for each of the kids.


And this is a photo of most of the family, taken from the 'Santa' point of view.

POLT Listening to "You Got Lucky" by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

Rudolph's red nose is not an alcoholic condition. - The Simpsons

No comments: