Saturday, May 09, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 126 & 127)...

Chapter 5, Page 7...

Thursday at work, wasn't too bad.  For some reason, the anxiety came back, not anywhere NEAR as badly as it did on Monday night, but it was here.  Still, it didn't overwhelm me or anything.  Mainly because one of the three people in my department is on vacation starting today, and running all the way through next week.  So I was a smidge busier than usual.  But not much.  Mostly my remaining coworker picked up the slack.  Which was a big help, because again, there were a few things I needed to get completed Thursday.  I'm going to be by myself Friday and Saturday at work.  But I did get them all done.

My car was at the mechanic's all day to investigate the "Service Engine Soon" light that came on.  So I had mom's car.  After work, I drove directly to the mechanic's place.  He had hooked it up to the computer, and that told him it was something with emissions. He discovered a problem with the gascap, so he replaced that.  And after I asked, he said that probably wouldn't have had much to do with the problem I had him look at last week: gas fumes.  he said he checked other things (and listed them on my receipt...but I understand Car Mechanic Language just about as well as I understand Ancient Aztec Language...so I have no idea what he actually did), and said everything else looked fine.    SO $60 later, the light was off again.  I told him I enjoyed seeing him and all, but I wish the car would just have several problems at once, cause I really don't want to bring it back to him next week too!

After this, I dropped mom's car off at her house and walked back to mine (something I won't be able to do in a few months, because she'll be living at the new place.....and perhaps thoughts like that are what's leading to my anxiety?).  I changed my clothes, put in my earbuds and walked to get MY car at the mechanics.  And I took a very circuitous route so I could get more exercise.

It was hot, like mid-80s.  I hate heat.  And the sun was shining down on the front of me most of the trip.  My forehead and face got a bit red.  I never tan.  Just burn and peel and burn and peel.

Anyway, after getting the car home, I putzed around online, watched more of the Daredevil TV show, and then went to bed, like before 930.  I was tired.

Chapter 5, Page 8... 

Friday, I was by myself at work.  there was no anxiety...perhaps I didn't have time for it?  I wasn't extremely busy, though, so that probably wasn't it.  I did have some stuff to do, and I got that all done.  And I also aided in diffusing a situation by allowing a client to come to my office, vent and rant and rave and get it all out of his system.  Thus preventing something possible bad from happening later.

After work, I got the BBQ wings from Rutters and another Coke/lemonade.  And extra large Coke/lemonade.   *SIGH*  both of them are SOOO delicious, and yet SOOO bad for the diabeeeetus.  But I ate them, putzed around online, and then watched the final two episodes of Daredevil. A GREAT series!

At this point, it was like 8:30, and for some unknown reason, I was again exhausted.  It was still light out, for Christ's Sake!  But up to bed I went.  I read a short little bit, and I'm pretty sure I was asleep before 930.

POLT

No comments: