Thursday, September 14, 2006

I I could fly like birds on high...

Okay, so we've all seen Hitchcock's "The Birds" right? Okay, everyone remember the scene where Tippi Hedren goes to the school to talk to Susanne Pleshette, and the kids are in school? Ya know, right before she goes out to smoke a cigarette and all the birds gather on the playground equipment? C'Mon, you remember. Anyways, while all this is going on, the kids in the class are singing this stupid, repetative song. And for some reason, this morning, with no discernable provocation, that damn song entered my mind and would...not...LEAVE! I kept hearing that over and over and over again all day....until I was on my way home and I had the radio on to distract me.

It was THE craziest thing. I caught part of the movie back in August as I was flipping through the channels once, but I think it's been over a year since I saw the whole thing. And the song, THAT song, just comes into my head....

freaky.

POLT = listening to anything but that damn song

Threaten me again and I'll pick at you like a crusty scab, you hack. - Arnie Becker, L.A.Law

1 comment:

The Persian said...

Yea i know what you mean (last paragraph of today's post). I'm curious what song that is tho, I've seen the birds, but can't remember the kids singing.

Have a great weekend Polty :)