Sunday, September 24, 2006

Oh, I won’t spill the milk at dinner...

This weekend, as the four previous ones, Freddie came down from college (yeah, it IS something indeed). Friday night, when he arrived, after our...introductions, he told me he'd make me dinner Saturday night. I told him how sweet it was. Freddie wanted me to tell him what I wanted him to make me, but I told him to surprise me, as he knows what food I like and don't like.

Saturday, I got up and to work, as usual. When I got home, Freddie was napping (sleeps like an angel he does), and he told me had gone to Wal-Mart while I was at work and got everything we needed to eat. He was going to make me chicken parmesian. I asked if he knew how to do that, and he said he never made it before, but he got a recipe online and was just going to use that.

So after our...re-introductions, we showered and set about making the meal. I helped him a little, but primarily he made it all himself. the first thing we had to do was clean the dishes that were piled up, so that we could use them to cook the meal. A photo below shows the task that was.



While Freddie cut up the chicken breasts, I got be the breadcrumb pourer and make certain he had enough. (after he cut the chicken, he dipped it in eggs, and then rolled it in breadcrumbs). Here below is a photo of Freddie cutting the chicken.



Freddie had, in addition to the chicken parmesian itself, gotten salads (hold the e.coli infected spinach please), breadsticks and a pie for dessert. He prepared them all too. (well, he cut the pie at the appropriate time, and he poured the salads in bowls for us, but he DID bake the breadsticks) A photo below shows the care he took in baking the bread. The chicken can be seen on the lower shelf.



During the preparation Ag called about something else, and we invited her up, so she joined us for the meal. This is her below.



Oh, and I thought this was kinda...well I don't think ironic is actually the right word, but I'm gonna say ironic anyways. When I got home from work on Saturday, and notice something out front: Freddie's car was parked there, and behind it was parked the truck of Ag's latest squeeze. And they are both painted the SAME COLOR! the proof is immediately below. Ag's squeeze's car is on the left, Freddie's on the right. But now, back to the dinner. Is it fate?



I put the water on for the pasta, and put the pasta in, but he watched over it and stirred it and stuff, as can be seen in the following photo. Note how, even though he's busy stirring, he still took time out to wave to us and blow us a kiss...or scrunch up his nose...who knows? The important thing is, he's stirring the pasta.



This is the chicken, finished, right out the oven, and you can see how proud Freddie is of it (and rightly so). [Note the spiffy oven mitt on his hand!]



This is a photo of my second helping of chicken, pasta and sauce. The rainbow linen in the photo is something I found to place inside my deviled egg container to line it so we could put the breadsticks in it. (yeah, I may not have much Tupperware, but I've got inventiveness, so it all balances out in the end)



And this is the plate afterwards, devoid of all the yummy food, although there is so left over sauce, we had plenty of that.



And that was the first time Freddie cooked for me. And Ag. And what a delicious meal it was. And it's a good thing the boy can cook, cause God knows, if it don't involve a microwave, I can't cook it.

POLT = listening to "Hey Man, Nice Shot" by Filter

How did I get here and why am I covered in drool? - Beast Boy, The Teen Titans

5 comments:

exile said...

awwwwwwwww, he so cooks for you

so cute

the food looks delicious.

i'm just surprised that freddie could work those breasts so well. i mean, i didn't think he had much experience with them.

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great except for the one with Ag in it. It is only a small square with a red X in it. Anyway, I hope you "introduced" yourself again after Ag left to thank Freddie Bear for all his hard work. I'm with you in the cooking department. If not for fast food and Microwaves I would starve.

Anonymous said...

Now I can see Ag. She looks like a delightful young lady. Good freinds and good times.

Polt said...

exile: yes he did, yes he is, and yes it was.

Ed: yeah, sorry about that photo thing, Blogger went on the rag and just would NOT accept her photo. I finally got it working, tho. And yes, she IS a delightful young lady.

Polt said...

Oh yeah, he's a sweetheart. Helluva a cook. And the fuck me to pieces deal...he's 18, need i say more. :)

HUGS