Monday, September 22, 2008

About a football jacket and a high school ring (Part 3)...

This week, things went well for me...but somewhat by the skin of my teeth.




First of all, the Dallas Cowboys won again, who-hoo. The Packers kept it close until the 4th quarter, and then Dallas wore them down and won the game. I was a bit dismayed, because this was a Sunday night game, and that meant it conflicted with my weekly 'Skins' episode. It was a tough decision, but I watched Skins, flipping back to the game during commercials. I missed one of Dallas' touchdowns this way, but I was watching for the other two, so all was right with the world.

The Deadskins won again, which was again the one black spot on the day. But next week, they play IN Dallas...oughtta be fun.

And this week, at the winner's pool at work I picked Buffalo over Oakland. It was not locally televised, but during all the updates, they were behind. And for the last like 5 minutes of the game, I was glued to my computer, watching for updates online. And it came down to a winning Buffalo field goal with three seconds left. So I get to hang around and play again next week. Let me assure you, for the last two minutes of the game, I was sitting here, hitting refresh and yelling at the monitor to "Update! Update, dammit! I need to know the score! UPDATE!" I can only imagine what my downstairs neighbor though.

The Dallas Cowboys are 3-0

POLT Listening to "Satisfaction" by Benny Benassi & the Biz Oil: 108.77 (+5.96); Gas: 3.55 (-)
RealClearPolitics Poll Averages: Obama +2.6
Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength. - Carrie Ten Boom

No comments: