Thursday, September 18, 2008

Undress me, will I look like a fool (Part 127)...

Once more, kids, it's time for....


Earlier this week, mom had gotten a whole ton of green beans from my uncle. When I stopped over to see her, she was on the patio, and had just started snapping the tops and bottoms off the beans. So I sat down across from her, grabbed a handfull of beans, started snapping myself. She and I talked over the beans for probably an hour. I mean, mom and I always talk a lot anyway, but this time, we were doing something constructive while talking.


And I don't even really LIKE green beans. I have no idea who she thinks is gonna actually EAT all these things.

To see what other people posted, click HERE.

POLT Listening to "Let Forever Be" by The Chemical Brothers

"Set me free! I was only following orders!" "So was the Son Of Sam..." - Apollo, Authority: Revolution #12

9 comments:

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

yuck i dont like them either. tell her to blanche and freeze them

HHNT!

Vixen said...

LOL You are such a good sport.

happyHNT

Ashly Star said...

Eww, green beans, lol.

That would be enjoyable though with good company. So long as you don't have to eat any afterwards. ;)

Happy HNT!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm a veggie fan...anything green...anything...so beans are counted...send them in! LOL

Nice to hear you got a nice chat with your Mom...

HappyHNT!

lime said...

oooh, fresh green beans! i'd eat them! shelling peas next week? those are good raw!

Greg and Sheryl said...

Greg has fond memories of doing this at his grandmother's house in Texas. Happy HNT!

Lapis Ruber said...

Why you of course - she knows what is good for you :-) Happy HNT.

JW said...

Blanche and freeze them, then they can be kept for years without you having to eat any ;)

I have happy memories of doing something similar with my gran but that was podding home-grown peas. Ahhh, simpler times.

Happy HNT!

Dana said...

Snap Beans! I love these!! And boy did this photo bring back some great memories!