Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bits and pieces, I'm in bits and pieces...

Last night, after work, I had the good fortune to accompany A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking to the movies to see "Burn After Reading".



It's definitely a Coen Brothers film! Got all the hallmarks. But I'm not sure, even now, if I liked it or not. I did laugh a couple times, but.....

See, the first movie of their's I saw was "Raising Arizona". And now, even 20 years after I first saw it, I can catch it on TV and still laugh myself silly over the whole thing. So I kinda compare all their stuff with that. And this one, just didn't measure up, in my opinion. Course last weekend, I was at ALCMDPP's house and we watched "The Big Lebowski" which I had never seen, but because of it's huge cult following I had always wanted to. And with that one too, I was underimpressed. Especially by the last third of the movie. I thought it got lost and never finished up as well as it should have. But then that's me.

Anyways, afterwards, we went to Ruby Tuesdays to eat. They changed the place. No longer do they have things hanging on the walls, ala TGIFridays or Applebees. They got bare painted walls, tore out some booths for tables, tried to make the place look....'fancier'. Not sure that they succeeded, but I know the food did not improve. We were both unimpressed with the menu, and the food we got. Doubt I'll be going back there.

But, in better news, ALCMDPP is coming over here Thursday night to watch the VP debate. That should be fun. I mean, in addition to the entertainment on TV, I'll have him sitting there to talk about it with.

Maybe we should make a VP Debate drinking game! Like take a drink everytime someone says "Alaska", twice when Palin says it. Take a drink everytime Palin says "Reform". Take a drink everytime she says, "Maverick"! Drink everytime she says, "McCain"! Ooo, I'll have to work on this, it could be a BLAST!





Best debate comeback EVER!

POLT Listening to "Flash" by Queen

I can't believe I didn't commit that bit of arcane knowledge to my memory. - Leo McGarry, The West Wing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also thought "The Big Lewbowski" wasn't that great. It had its moments, but it never built up enough steam to keep it interesting.

Clearly we're in the minority on that one. :-P

Anonymous said...

"Raising Arizona" had the perfect actor for that kind of offbeat storytelling. Brad Pitt can be interesting at times, but he's no Nicolas Cage.

I notice in the video clip that whenever they called each other "senator" it sounded like they were using a curse word.