Friday, September 05, 2008

Buzzing, and neighbors they are looking...

We have new neighbors who moved in across the street. I've been in this apartment since 1997, and I think this is the fourthfamily, in that span of time, to own that home. In fact, all the houses across the street, all 7 of them have new owners from when I moved in except for two...the ones on either end of the block. It seems funny to me that people would move around so much. but then, my mom has only lived in 3 different places all her life, my dad only lived in 3 places. I've lived in 4, but two of those were while I was in college, so i don't know if that counts. It's just strange to me for people to move around a lot.

Anyway, these new people apparently have a son, about 14 or 15 or so, blond haired cutie. And several times, he and his friends have hung out in front of the house. Naturally, i had my camera in hand once.



I've already said hi to the mother as she sat on the porch. Is it wrong that I'm fairly certain before the end of the year, I will have met the whole family....is it worse that I've made a goal for the year?

POLT Listening to "Sell, Sell, Sell" by the BareNaked Ladies

Why does everything you wear look like it has a grudge against you? - Edwina, Absolutely Fabulous

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Polt, you're moving into the dirty old man category here.

That said, I've lived in 10 different places in the same state and two cities since I was born. Only three different places in the last fifteen years.

S said...

Um yeah. Take pics of his dad instead.


That said, did you know that I went to 7 different schools, was born in Eritrea, lived in Kodiak, and then when I became an adult, decided that I would have to be dragged kicking and screaming next time I would move. I have only lived in two cities and three homes since I "became an adult", or whatever you call it.

Have a lovely weekend.

exile said...

ever see the old guy on family guy?

you know, the one with a lips who's always hitting on Chris Griffin?

sorry, what were we talking about?