Saturday, September 26, 2009

Anxious, the hour's getting late, the night is almost over...

Oh. My. God! I am beat! Beat like a bad dog. Got up at 8:30ish, fooled around for an hour and a half and then started packing. Did so for an hour and a half, showered, did some laundry. Spent time at both my house and my apartment. I made at least a dozen trips up and down two flights of stairs here at the apartment, several trips to the second floor of the house, and at least three to the attic at the house. After all this, mom, who was working hard as well, took me out to Applebees for supper. Then we did a big of shopping (light bulbs, rugs, duct tape, etc), but both of us were quite tired, so we didn't do it for long.

My right calf feels like it's gonna cramp up any minute, by right knee was aching a bit the last trip up the stairs. My lower back hurts.

And the best part of it all? Tomorrow, I get to do exactly the same thing! At least tomorrow, Corey will be over and helping. And since he's 20, and works out (and I'm 41 and don't), he can usually carry twice what I can. So that's less trips.

All I've got to pack up here yet is a few things in the kitchen, some computer stuff, some stuff on my coffee table, a few shirts and the bathroom. I'm sure we'll get it all packed up tomorrow.

The end is in sight...finally. Now, time to lay on the couch, watch something mindless on TV and then fall asleep.

POLT Listening to the silence in my apartment

That summer, I met Wendy. If I wasn't queer, we'd have probably ended up having sloppy teenage sex, gettin' pregnant, and just contributin' more fucked up people to the world. But instead, she was my soulmate. - Neil, Mysterious Skin

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're getting there buddy, just keep heart, it will be over soon.

Mark

Anonymous said...

Rest up Polt! Before you know it you'll be unpacking at the new place.

And then life returns to normal.

Michelle M. said...

Ha! We just bought a house (well, if everything goes through). By the time you finish moving we'll be starting. Blech.

Ryan said...

Wait . . . you're still haven't finished moving? I'm pretty sure I got the keys to my apartment after you got your house, and I am almost finished unpacking.

And Michelle's moving, too? What neighborhood are you trying to move into?

Ray Avito said...

Got to be thrilling to see the end of the tunnel! Careful with your back lifting those boxes...

Michelle M. said...

Ryan - Scripps Ranch. It's on the wrong side of the 5. And the 805. And the 163. And the 15. But it's a great neighborhood. You'll have to come visit!

Ryan said...

Michelle: I've gone through Scripps Ranch several times on my way to Poway.