Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weed drink and pack heat, requirements for survival...

On Sundays in the autumn, all I really require are three things:

1) The Dallas Cowboys to win,
2) The Washington Redskins to lose, and
3) my pick in the Winner's Pool to win.

I'm in a pool at work, wherein you pay ten bucks and then each week you pick a football team to win. If they win, you pick next week, if they lose, you're out. And each week, you cannot pick a team you chose already. And whoever is last, wins the money everyone contributed. One year, I split with another person instead of having us keep guessing, and I won 200 and some dollars.

So, anyway, week one of the football season went quite well as all three my requirements came through.

On a different subject, mom and I got the storage area in the basement cleared out, sorta of. There were five things I took down to the house, three things we took to her house for the yard sale, and lots of other stuff we're gonna throw away. There is an old stereo, there's boxes of old National Geographics, boxes of other stuff I'm not keeping. And there was some mold down there too on some of the boxes. Those boxes disolved..it was alll pretty icky. We took some of the junk to her house for her to put out on her trash day, and we left some here for me to put out to trash day. But at least that chore is done now.

And on a different subject, my sore throat has abated, although my head's still stuffy, but that's probably from all the dust I've been stirring up. But whatcha gonna do?

POLT Watching "Dr. Who, Planet Of The Dead"

If you are coming in here with another briefing book, I will stangle you with my bare hands, and enjoy it. - CJ Cregg, The West Wing

No comments: