Monday, September 21, 2009

Long gone but not forgotten, i might be lost...

Packing up some stuff over the weekend, I found a large shoebox containing two t shirts, two caps, and two pairs of underwear. And they didn't fit me, and I couldn't recall whose they were. I thought they might have belonged to a friend Charles who lived with me for about two weeks 5 years ago, but i wasn't sure, cause I never knew Charles to wear caps.

So after a bit more packing, it occured to me who they belonged to: AJ. He had apparently left them here at one point, he did stay with me a few days at one point. I don't remember him leaving them here, but that must be what happened. At any rate, I put the box on a small pile of clothes to give to Goodwill.

But last night, I took them off that pile. I'll be taking them to the new house with me. Since AJ shot himself in February, I just can't really bring myself to give them up. I know AJ would have been so excited about me buying a house, and I know even though I've only owned the house for less than a month, that he would have already been there two or three times. I can see him walking around the house, laughing, telling stupid jokes and ragging on me about something.

So, I'm taking his clothes (along with a lighter he left here too) to the house with me. It's kind of my way of getting AJ to the house. I don't know how long I'll keep them, I imagine at some point I'll give them up to charity. But for now, it's just too soon. And AJ would have loved being in the house, so this is the best I can do.

POLT Listening to "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2

Popular boys are like TV stars: you don't have to know them to have opinions about them. - Robin, The World Of Normal Boys

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is hard to let go of people when they pass especially in such a tragic way.

Onanite

Michelle M. said...

I hope that time is healing and that you will bring happy thoughts of AJ to the house with you.