Friday, September 25, 2009

There's one more move to make, one more...

As has been the case lately, this post will be all about the house and stuff, so if you're bored by the previous ones, skip over this one. I've given you fair warning.

This morning, as planned, my buddy from work Ryan, showed up with his pickup. We made three trips down to the house, taking several sets of shelves, countless boxes, and other sundries. We couldn't get things someplaces upstairs, cause the guy was there fixing the broken stair to the attic. I'm damn glad he got that replaced before the big move Monday, cause I'm not sure how the movers would have gotten everything, or in fact, anything up there otherwise. And there's LOTS of stuff I'm putting in the bedroom in the attic. Mainly comic book boxes filled with comic books I no longer collect. Ghostie boxed up all the comic titles I currently get on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, using four or five boxes to hold them. The current ones will be kept in the library (also known as the middle bedroom without a bed).

At ANY rate, mom was down there as well finishing up cleaning the kitchen. The only thing she has to do yet is to wash the floor, but she said she'll probably wait until after the movers are done. But she left while we were in the middle of unloading the second truck load. The electrician stopped by and checked out what she needed to do to put the ceiling fans in. She'll call next week and tell us when she can come back and do them.

After we were done, Ryan and I went to Mom's where she had prepared ham, sweet potatos and green beans. I gave Ryan a tour of mom's house, and we played with Angel until the food was ready. It was of course delicious.

Ryan drove me down to the house, where I underloaded one other thing, then he left. I then walked over to the Post Office, a trip of some 20 minutes, to drop of the change of address thing, and my initial survey for the Neilson Ratings (sweet!). I returned to the apartment and hung out here only about a half hour before mom came over.

As planned, she was carrying three large plastic Rubbermaid tubs. She proceeded to clean out my pantry, either packing things in the tubs, or throwing things out (she had three garbage bags full of stuff to throw away), we got those down to the car, she took them to the house and unloaded them, and then came back and got three more tubs of stuff.

While she did all this, I went around and pulled all the nails out of the walls that used to hold photos. And man, I had no IDEA I had so many photos up! And then I packed up a bunch of boxes, or threw stuff out.

When she walked into my apartment, she dropped the tubs, first complaining about the walk up two flights of stairs ("I just now remembered why I never came to visit you very much. >huff, puff<"), but when she saw the living room she said, "You are NEVER gonna be ready by Monday." Granted, the living room was a bit...messy still, but that's cause I've been working getting most of the other rooms packed up and such. I've got tonight yet, all day tomorrow, and the vast majority of Sunday yet to get things packed up, so I know I'll have it all done (even though I am a bit concerned about the bathroom, which I haven't even touched yet).

At any rate, this is my break time now. Soon, I'll go get something to eat and then watch a bit of TV and pay some bills before going back to the packing stuff up. I'm not to the finish line yet, but I can definitely at least see it in the distance now.

POLT Listening to "Lips Like Sugar" by Echo & The Bunnymen

Stress is what happens to you as your brain fights your body's natural instincts to beat the ever-lovin'-shit out of unworthy recipients of your white-hot holy rage.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tend to hate moving by bits and pieces. We did that last two moves and I'd rather pack everything up and just move it en masse.

But good luck with your big move on Monday. You're going to need it.

Anonymous said...

you're doing a great job. Just keep in mind that it will be over soon

Onanite

that's J-O-S-H said...

Geeeebz! You're much more dedicated than I am. I would have given up by now and just cried until someone fixxxed & move everyting for me. I'm glad you're getting so much done! PROUD. OF. YOU!


Verication Word: "antrat" - the hybrid of two animals that I hope don't infest your new casa!