Friday, September 11, 2009

friends, you gotta have friends...

It's amazing what friends can do.

Tonight, the awesome Goddess V, Virginia, came by. I showed her the house, we went to eat (which she totally paid for, cause she said it was her turn), did a bit of shopping for the house, then came back to the apartment and helped me pack up books and clean some shelves. And the one thing she did best of all was listen to me whine about my stresses and was supportive and helped me rationalize my way through it. It doesn't mean the stress, or the stressors actually, are gone, it just means I'm dealing with them a bit better now. I mean, she's a helluva packer and cleaner, don't get me wrong. But what I needed most was what she gave me emotionally and spiritually.

And I guess that's the true measure of a true friend.

I know it's not enough, but thank you, Virginia. You've done more than you know.

POLT Listening to "Freak On A Leash" by Korn

I'm a bluestater, baby! - Jon Stewart

2 comments:

Virginia Rose Kane said...

Wow. I'm honored. For the post and to be your friend! See you in the not too distant future for whatever it is you need. HUGS, baby, HUGS!

Tam said...

Yay. Good friends are important. Hope your floors look amazing.