Monday, September 14, 2009

Lord, i gotta keep on moving, lord...

I. Am. Exhausted.

This evening, Corey and I moved a 6 foot bookshelf, 3 five foot shelves, 1 four foot shelf, and a smaller shelf, as well as 8 boxes of books and two tubs of action figures down two flights of stairs, into a truck, drove it to my house and lugged them all back up another flight of stairs, along with 5 other boxes that I already had moved down there.

*SIGH*

I'm glad Corey's such a big strapping young man. He could almost carry two boxes to every one I carried. ANd in addition, we got to talk comic books and a bit of politics. Plus, he finally got to see the house. And somehow we managed to do it all in about an hour and a half. My favorite quote of many he made today? "I wish I had a comic book room." Doesn't everyone, my friend, doesn't everyone?

Best part is, he's probably gonna help me move next weekend when I'm doing the 'big move'. and in the two weeks until then, I might call him for help, or he might call me to offer help. It's great to have friends willing to help you move, and that are great movers as well.

POLT Listening to "Monday Night Football"

It doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's just how good you looked. - David Lee Roth

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The old saying:

Good friends will help you move.

Great friends will help you bury the body.

Really great friends will be sitting next to you in jail.

Anonymous said...

^LOL^

Seems like you should be getting near the end. How much more?

Anonymous said...

Corey is a good friend. My back is out or I'd help too. :)

hoteltuesday said...

Why do you need another bookshelf? Send me one!